November 22, 2019, 02:54:35 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Weighted Content  (Read 2833 times)

reece_screencorp

• View Profile
Weighted Content
« on: January 02, 2015, 10:29:48 PM »
This is a quick fix to removing your MediaAd net

We have a real need for weighting adverts in a playlist that play throughout the day.

Competitors including Aerva allow for a smart playlist to be created where you can weight (assign a percentage you want the content to play) on a daily basis.

The playlist automatically generates itself in your timeline (we run about 3-5mins of adds every 15 minutes followed by LiveTV) without the need to create 60+ timelines a day.

This need stems from the fact that some clients only pay for their ads to play 4 times a day / whilst others pay for 60 times a day etc

thoughts?!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Weighted Content
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 05:29:45 PM »

1. the mediaADNET is being re factored and released later in 2015
2. the Pepper SDK has full power to the backend proof of play and timeline injection so you could create a custom Ad management suit
3. you can manually insert content using the collection and modify it and combine the Pepper SDK for custom reports

regards

reece_screencorp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 02:35:52 AM »
Hi Admin,

Ive really racked my brains and looked through the components to make the signage work with an Ad environment, without having to create individual timelines.

Without developing our own interface using the SDK (do not know how) we eagerly look forward to the re-release of the mediaADNET. Is there an estimated time frame that the developers are working towards?

We really love using MediaSignage and have a number of high end clients using it - the new releases inc the new signage player are strengthening your product in what is a very busy and competitive market.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 09:09:40 AM »
yes we are aware of the need for the mediaADNET and will be posting updates as I don't have an ETA just yet...

bcarl@hassk12.org

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 10:20:54 AM »
I agree weighted content would also be a HUGE asset!  Can you let us know when this update is released?

reece_screencorp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 03:00:18 PM »
I apologise for sounding like a broken record but is there a more definitive time for the MediaAdNet component to be released...

We are getting a lot of pressure from our clients and it would be great to say -"by the end of May" instead of sometime this year...

Thank you so much! I know dev takes time but as a business we may have to invest in some custom SDK if there is nothing soon, but on the other hand we do not want to invest in 20k worth of development if it's going to be released next month...

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 03:44:20 PM »
while I can't set dates as they do get pushed back, I can estimate that this summer we will release the newly developed ad engine / mediaADNET, we will update when we have more info...

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines