April 02, 2020, 07:50:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Convert to studio Pro message  (Read 3582 times)

Constantin

• View Profile
Convert to studio Pro message
« on: December 11, 2014, 04:39:51 AM »
Hi,

With my client I have to use both Studio Lite and Studio Pro.

The thing is, the client  want to use Ipads for administration.
It will be nice to have native app ".ipa" to administrate from ipad. So to make my client happy I make this provisional solution.

We make this decision based on requeriments our client needs.
- View all stations of his region in ipad.
- Ability to change campaigns (just selecting from already created by us)
- Ability to schedule campaigns (days, hours etc.)
- View how much time is viewed a campaign.

We build an app.ipa (webview) and we redirected to our website StudioLite modified (with our logo)  now they can enter and change campaigns if they want from ipad.
(we need some more features but at least is something)

The problem is for us, we want to use Studio Pro to adminsitrate and manage it because have more features and is more intuitive. for example in StudioPro when upload a resource always it's shows me this message:

Would you like to convert your StudioLite account to StudioPro account? Please note that this can't be undone.

So starting from 2015 we want to know how we can administrate everything. is this the good way ?
Can you guys suggest my ideeas.

More details for what i'm looking : http://script.digitalsignage.com/forum/index.php/topic,4890.msg14293.html#msg14293

Regards,
Constantin

teethstraight

• View Profile
Re: Convert to studio Pro message
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 01:10:12 PM »
I second the wish for cross compatibility and interaction between Lite and Pro, with them both having the same capabilities (external app component etc.).

Our ideal would be to have Lite as the Client side and Pro as the Admin side. That way our clients gets the ease of use and control they want and need, but we can still manage the more complex tasks and procedures on their behalf.

@Constantin - Have you already developed your app? Would you be willing to share (just for viewing purposes) what you have?

Constantin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 04:05:46 AM »
We not develop the app we just used a webview,  we just put the link of our studiolite (modified) and thats it.

Here is a screenshot how it looks like:

How you can see we really just modified a little the website studiolite and then load it with a webview in ipad.

We want that our customers have only access to some functions not all.

- view all stations
- ability to change campaign with another one already created by us.
- ability to schedule the campaign (right now to have this , we have to let them access to campaigns to create,delete etc.)
- View how much time played a campaign ( we don't have it right now)

The other PRO features will be for us the administrators. And we want to use studio PRO but if I chose from begin to create an account with studio lite, we also have to use studiolite to manage. and we are the admins we want to have all the features.

I will like a detailed response from and admin or a developer about this.

Regards,
Constantin

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 01:08:03 PM »
to hide modules just edit the studiolite.html and set the modules you want to hide to:

Code: [Select]
... style="visibility: none; opacity: 0"

you can use Google chrome HTML inspector to find out the HTML ID tags of the sections you want to hide...

also, we will be adding support for adding the ability to hide modules through the enterprise studio as well.

DaveMac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »
Can someone please explain what the "Convert to Studio Pro" means? It seems that I can use both Studio Lite and Studio Pro... why does this message pop up everytime I save in Pro, and what happens differently when I click Yes? (I click no every time because I am the only one that uses Pro occasionally for tweaks. Most of my colleagues that update the station wouldn't know how to use Pro.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 12:04:44 AM »
the config for an account can only be saved to the server as Lite or Pro.
and so, once you save your account in Pro, you can't go back to lite, think of it as a one way ticket to upgrade Lite > Pro.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines