October 18, 2019, 05:10:22 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: MediaRSS Hangs at loading  (Read 2604 times)

HFXSigns.ca

• View Profile
MediaRSS Hangs at loading
« on: November 15, 2014, 08:30:26 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that on Android the MediaRSS player just sits at the loading bar? I've tested this on SignagePlayer 4.20.15 on Android 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 and 4.4.4
The feeds have been set to CNN and CBC and both have the same reaction. In StudioPro the feed starts instantly as expected but when tested on my Android devices it just sits at the loading bar.

Windows 7 SignagePlayer 4.30.20 same issue.

HFXSigns.ca

• View Profile
Re: MediaRSS Hangs at loading
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 08:41:21 AM »
After some testing, it seems the feeds keep going up/down. After changing the feed source using StudioPro we were able to get the feed to play but this requires us to track the feed and change it's source when it goes down. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Biju

• View Profile
Not supporting regional languages in Rss news feed in android player
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 11:37:42 PM »
I am using android in my players.The RSS news feed is my most important feature and I want it in My regional language(Malayalam which is using  in kerala India) This is working fine with Windows.but in android nothing coming on the Rss feed.please help me to get around it

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 03:55:24 AM »
Some of the fonts doesnt work in Android. You can try using the unicode font like lata , I am not sure for the font in malayalam.

HFXSigns.ca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 12:42:54 PM »
After some further testing we went with TedTALKS. The issue then becomes that MediaRSS caches it's content on the local Android device but doesn't flush the cache when it's finished with the stream so it eats up all the available space. On Android this is an issue because most units don't have a lot of storage space, additionally SignagePlayer is hard coded to store cache on the local android data folder and can not be moved to the external SD storage. I've raised this issue with dev and chat to see about allowing us to move data to the SD so then storage is only limited by the size of SD and not the actual Android device.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 01:54:18 PM »
moving MRSS into external SD is also something that is in the road map...

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines