November 21, 2019, 09:02:03 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Multiple players triggered at the same time?  (Read 2435 times)

reece_screencorp

• View Profile
Multiple players triggered at the same time?
« on: November 23, 2014, 02:50:21 AM »
Has anyone had any success doing this?

We have a large video wall (9 x Samsung HDTVs - Portrait) connected to 3 players each having three outputs.

Total output resolution is 9720 x 1920 (each player 3240x1920).

Has anyone had any great success / experience triggering the content to play at the same time?

The best way I have thought of doing this is to ensure system clocks are all the same then trigger them at a set time - ie 7am....

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple players triggered at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 10:06:34 AM »
You should ensure that all your cocks are set for the same time precisely to a second and set the scheduler. Never tried some thing like this.. Good that you have customers pay for this...
Kindly do share the video of the set up.

JMH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 12:29:06 AM »
And even then, I think just one small hickup can unsync the entire videowall (one second is VERY long in this case). It's very asumable that one player just have a little hickup. This is no problem at all if it plays content without a videowall, but with this setup, a hickup of just 0.05 seconds can desync your entire videowall.

I think it's best to use one player in combination with a videowall matrix, or a different solution. Personally I have never tried to make a videowall with multiple players and this software, but I think it's very hard to make it reliable.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 09:00:12 AM »
This will work somewhat, but it is not gonna be a perfect sync. As any variable can affect the player rendering the campaign and thus delay it by a millisecond or a few milliseconds.

reece_screencorp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 02:44:25 AM »
Thanks for your feedback... tried and tested results...

The client wanted to really drive their content at 9720x1920 [9 vertical HD monitors in a row] (who knows why - very keen ad agency...) so we were forced to use multiple players due to the 4k(ish) resolution restriction in place with the signage player.

The way we have successfully ensured that is is all in sync is to utilise a local NTP server (windows 2008 Server) and the machines check their system time ever hour and adjust accurately within milliseconds using the software by  timesynctool(dot)com - a great piece of software - PLEASE DONATE if you use!

It really has worked and has proved to be running smoothly and in sync now for over a month :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines