November 19, 2019, 02:33:54 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Creating screen divisions based on background layout  (Read 2841 times)

meliaj

• View Profile
Creating screen divisions based on background layout
« on: November 11, 2014, 06:11:16 AM »
I am new to the SignageStudio, I have found a background that I would like to use for our timeline.  There are several divisions in the background.  Is there an easier way to create your screen division to match than trial and error and constantly dragging bit by bit?

Thank you!

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Creating screen divisions based on background layout
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:05:19 AM »
You could see the properties of screen division and look at the xy coordinates to see which screen division belongs to which channel. I presume this is what your question is all about.

JMH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 10:55:01 AM »
That's true, but this makes me think of a very nice feature to make it able that you can set a background when editing screen lay-out. That way it's possible to edit the screen lay-out when you don't know the exact coordinates of your background (more user friendly). I believe this is what meliaj means.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile

meliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 12:57:36 PM »
That's true, but this makes me think of a very nice feature to make it able that you can set a background when editing screen lay-out. That way it's possible to edit the screen lay-out when you don't know the exact coordinates of your background (more user friendly). I believe this is what meliaj means.

Exactly,  Trying to match up the screen division with a background or mask is very time consuming.

meliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 12:49:09 PM »
 :-\
This video just shows how to 'apply' backgrounds and masks.  My question is... How do you match up your Screen Divisions to a background?

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 07:07:16 PM »
I presume your question is that you have a background already created inside which you want to create few screen divisions based on the image. For that you will have to know the coordinate points (x,y, width and height ) of the division. To find those points, you can put the background image into  a temporary scene then you can use a rich text component and mark the division that you want to have using the rich text component. Once you get these coordinates of the zones then you can go to screen layout and create a screen with these co-ordinates and ensure that the background is the first item the rest of the co-ordinates should appear above the background.
If you could not understand then you can mail me i would help you out.

meliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 08:00:46 AM »
Yes, thank you! I will give that try.

ppaquet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 11:44:37 AM »
Hopefully, in a near futur version, a background template could be visible in the scene editor... I'm no programmer, but I'm pretty sure it's no big deal to add as a feature.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines