February 25, 2020, 04:31:31 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Video plays at 2/3 size, then resizes to fit display  (Read 1916 times)

jasonwgreen

• View Profile
Video plays at 2/3 size, then resizes to fit display
« on: October 17, 2014, 02:13:15 PM »
Running on an Android mediadroid-90, I have several videos that play well, and they display at full screen size.  These are animation style videos at both 720p and 1080p MP4 format.

However, I have some other videos encoded in exactly the same way, at the same resolution, same frame rate, same format, same everything, and they display at about 2/3 screen width for the first 5 seconds. Then the display adjusts and shows at full screen for the remainder of the video length.  When it is played again, the same thing happens every time.

I've tried changing the output screen template type in studio pro, i've tried encoding videos at different sizes, nothing seems to correct this problem.
Aside from the resizing, the videos look great, play smoothly, etc.

Any suggestions? There is clearly something wrong in my setup or encoding.

jasonwgreen

• View Profile
Re: Video plays at 2/3 size, then resizes to fit display
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 06:40:44 PM »
A few notes:
This happens even if I just download a 1280x720 video from youtube. I've tried mapping it to 16:9, 4:3, and just about any other aspect ratio I can find but no luck.
Also, sometimes, depending on what encoding/conversion tool I use, the video works fine on my desktop machine but when I upload it, it just shows black silent screen after it is pushed down to the signage player.

Frustrating!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines