December 02, 2022, 07:38:56 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Video with rasterized lines  (Read 3355 times)

Constantin

Video with rasterized lines
« on: October 30, 2014, 01:34:11 AM »
Hello,

I have this campaign, full video screen 1920x1080 and I reproduce it on Android Device Minix QuadCore.
The video is converted in .swf or .flv

The video reproduce it on mi PC is viewd perfectly, perfect quality , perfect lines.
The same video uploaded and reproduce it with signage player is viewed with rasterized lines. The lines are not perfecty lines have zigzag .. why it has this problem ?

The output signage player is a LG TV 32' (is supports full HD 1920x1080)
Another test I made is to reproduce the video on mi leptop but connected via HDMI to the TV LG and the video is viewed correctly.

So the problem only happen when is reproduce it with signage player android to TV

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:11:51 AM by Constantin »

JMH

Re: Video with rasterized lines
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 02:34:34 AM »
Try playing in 1280x720 resolution (720P). The difference is probably unnoticable on 32" and it is a lot easier for the Minix to proces.

Constantin

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 03:13:04 AM »
but if the TV support 1920x1080 and and the video also is 1920x1080  if I reduce resolution to 1280 to 720 that means it will be scaled on TV i'm correct ????

Another thing , I have POS where the TV is 50' or more.
And the video is showed by signage player with android minix is very bad, pixelated and with zigzag lines no rasterized.

The same video I reproduce it from my leptop conected by HDMI on the same tv 50' directly and it shows perfectly.

JMH

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 03:54:02 AM »
I think this can be caused by the minix not having enough processor power to render the content on full-hd (ARM processors are a lot weaker than the X86 in your laptop).
Yes, the TV will 'scale', but on a different way than that you scale like stretching content on your pc.
You won't see the difference in 99% of the cases, because even on 50" your viewing distance won't be close enough to see the pixels.

For the minix it's half the amount of pixels it has to render, so increasing it's durability, speed, etc a lot!

Since the video is showing perfectly with another player (your laptop) the problem is not with the display but with the player. Please try rendering your FLV video on 1280x720 and play it with the Minix. When playing native content on 1280x720 (so content produced on this resolution), you won't notice the difference of quallity on a 1080P display. I do this all the time, even with my most strongers players (just to save power and make the players far more stable and future proof). Pixels aren't everything. Contrast ratio, screen brightness, reflections, content quality etc. are FAR more important than amount of pixels (yes, marketing wants us all to think otherwise).

Just try a professional digital signage monitor on 1280x720, compared to a 1920x1080 consumer screen and you will see what i'm talking about ;-)

What are the current specs of your content? Like framerate and bitrate? Lower resolution also results in lower bitrate. Pixelated content can also being caused by high bitrate the player can't keep up.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines