January 22, 2020, 12:38:42 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Android player issues  (Read 2335 times)

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Android player issues
« on: May 07, 2014, 11:27:27 PM »
I have found this issue with mediaandroid PC's old ones. If we update the player from the studio using the update all station button then the player restarts downloading all the videos again. This has been happening with quite a long time but i could pin point now that the problem occurs after the update station button is clicked. This problem does not happen when we restart the signage player from the studio. This also happens when the internet connectivity is lost and comes back it goes to the splash screen and then the downloading of the videos take place. The problem with this is if the complete downloading doesnot happen then in the offline it shows blank screen. I know few people have wasted their players thinking it is the hardware issue

Maximus

• View Profile
Re: Android player issues
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 09:04:55 AM »
I bring my experience on this: when I restart the stations both through Stations tab buttons (Start and Restart buttons), or through "Save and update with restart" menu link, images are generally re-loaded (progression bar) despite they should be having cached before; (this causes that if there is no internet connection, blank zones appear)
While when I power cycle the stations this issue generally doesn't happen: images are displayed even if there is no internet connection, becuase they are correctly taken from cache. So for the time being im using a timer that automatically hard reboot the stations a couple of times every day.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Android player issues
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 10:54:41 AM »
it happens only on old devices?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines