November 27, 2021, 12:26:09 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: checking connection message  (Read 3815 times)

Constantin

• View Profile
checking connection message
« on: September 18, 2014, 03:28:02 AM »
Hello,

I have a some troubles with many devices from some POS where the connection to internet is very inestable and low.

Well the promotion is already downloaded so no problem for that but every time have some internet connection for a little bit apears a black screen with "checking connection" then maybe the connection desapears again and come back later. but this creates a continious loop of the message "checking connection"  without show the campaign already downloaded.

So I suggest if program detect internet OK to check if new version , or campaign available, but it will be nice to search on background, not showing a black screen. maybe just an icon of internet on a corner. but the important thing is to reproduce the campagin already have.

(Right now half time is showing a black screen with checking connection message, a black screen and even sometimes it freeze like that.)

This problem I only have it with some POS with bad internet connection.

cloud

• View Profile
Re: checking connection message
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 02:23:07 PM »
Agree. :)

JMH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 01:27:52 AM »
I would also like that. It is of most importance that content is playing AT ALL TIMES, even if it is a bit outdated because there is no connection at the time.

IPNDDS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 07:33:19 AM »
AGREE!

mmartinho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 08:08:43 PM »
I'm having that same problem at the moment, in an enviroment without connection, the station will initialize with the cached content without problems. But, in case of bad internet connection or even Wifi without internet connection, i've experienced delays or freezing on the checking internet connection message screen. I Agree that playing the content must be a priority over internet connection. This feature may be in consequence of a background update method without any splash or loading screens as i saw as a feature request in another post. This two things make sense if you think of two distinct process, one that shows contents, and the another that takes care of connection and update, oh, but already have the watchdog or controller, but that can be accomplished with this guys taking more responsabilities, not only taking care that the player is running.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines