January 31, 2023, 05:12:06 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: New Video Tutorial: FireFox as External Application  (Read 5865 times)

admin

• Administrator
New Video Tutorial: FireFox as External Application
« on: November 19, 2009, 12:08:57 PM »
Subject: New Video Tutorial: FireFox as External Application

See here:
http://mediasignage.com/html/signage_video.html?videoNumber=FireFox

James

Re: New Video Tutorial: FireFox as External Application
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 07:42:14 PM »
After viewing the tutorial (Which I find very usefull..keep the coming), I could not replicate the functionality. When the player restarted, I saw a full screen black image with AIR in the upper left corner. After several retries, I would get the same black box with AIR in teh upper left corner and sometimes get the Windows START button in the lower left.

Sometimes I would get TWO players runining that had MediaSignage logo saying standby. But nothing ever happened after that. Maybe it is a permission thing? Not sure. Have full admin priv.'s

Tried pointing to executable with, and without, quotes:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe and "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
nada

I could not get it to start the default calc.exe.

Air Studio 1.8.155
Air Player 1.8.155???
Windows Vista SP2

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 07:51:11 PM »
Hello,

We did all the testing with XPe and XP Pro as well as Ubuntu 9.04. All worked VERY well...
I am assuming you will not run the real Player with Vista ( which is very unstable for DS ).
And so, if you can, try this with the OS that you will use with your final DS roll out.

Also, was the SignageController running ? This will NOT work if the SignageController is not running.
You  may also need to reboot once for the new SignageController to take effect ....

Let us know,

David.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 07:53:54 PM by admin »

James

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 10:36:24 AM »
Yes, yes, I tried it all for several hours. Not smart enough to get it to work on Vista SP2.

You forced me to create an XP VMware virtual machine, install all the updates, download the beta studio and player and reboot the VM.

It worked in XP without any changes to the campaign configuration that did not work in Vista.

Now I can get to some testing. Where do want me to post any issues/bugs/recommendations on the beta?

admin

• Administrator

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines