December 07, 2019, 09:16:28 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Too fast playback  (Read 2418 times)

KingPro

• View Profile
Too fast playback
« on: August 18, 2014, 12:26:12 PM »

I have a problem with super fast playback, and that is a huge problem. Most, but not all of my timelines are playing all jpg and swf files very fast. Showing them less than a second. I don not know why. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

The latest version that is stable is 4.12.38, and that works fine with old and new computers, but the android are auto updated. I want the new version to work just as stable and i cannot figure out why it does not.

The android sticks are a huge embarresment for me and my customers. Auto update sounds fine, but it is horrible when the update is playing the show in 10x the normal speed. It has been this way for a long time, maybe februar / March.

I have tried to contact you livechat several times about this problem, and i was told that they where aware of the problem, and where working on it. When i livechatted with last time, they had never heard of it. I dont know what to think anymore.

The most important thing for me as a paying customer, is stability.

This is my living, and i have several employes. This makes my company and our customers look stupid. Is anyone else having this problem?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Too fast playback
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 01:56:21 PM »
Hello,
are you saying the images are playing fast on the timeline or flash animation?
we are unaware of any issue like this.
we are aware of swf's playing fast in certain conditions but ONLY in the SignageStudio 4.20 (not in SignagePlayer), but this is the first that I hear there is an issue since Feb / March with Player. I will have someone contact you yoday,

regards,

Sean.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 02:00:30 PM »
I spoke to customer service and they are aware of your issue but cannot reproduce the problem in the lab nor did anyone else of the many customers are facing this problem.
so we need ot isolate the issue with your setup.
can you let us know which hardware you are using?
if you use Windows does the problem persist?
have you tried comparing between release 4.12 and latest 4.20?

please advice so we can get to the bottom of this,

Sean.

KingPro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 03:28:59 PM »
I have been livechatting for hours. It may have been solved, but too early to tell. Will report tomorrow, its getting late here.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 10:14:33 PM »
ok

KingPro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 12:03:52 PM »
So far it is the same problem, if anything the problem is worse after the latest updtate. Does anyone else have this problem?

The timeline it appears on is complicated and big, with many items, timelines and outputs. I am using 12 machines to test this, and they are Winxp, Win8 and Android sticks. The problem is the same on all of them. I can get them to play small simple shows, but my big ones will not play properly, with each item showing for less than one second and sometimes longer. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 12:06:23 PM by KingPro »

KingPro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 01:19:25 PM »
Well i did get a suggestion on how i can set up my campaigns a differant way, that will be less complex, with fewer outputs. Maybe then my system will become stable again. I am looking forward to it!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 01:34:55 PM »
Yes, you need to setup Global Scenes w/ the collection viewer and assign them to you campaigns. 

So instead of editing each each channel one by one. You will only edit the selected scenes and all campaigns that make use of that scene will take the changes.

Tutorials you need to look at.  Lawrence already enabled collection viewer in your account.

http://www.digitalsignage.com/_html/signage_video.html?videoNumber=Collection%20component
(disregard the kiosk mode)

http://www.digitalsignage.com/_html/signage_video.html?videoNumber=globalscenes

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 12:56:29 PM »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 05:23:52 PM by admin »

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines