October 01, 2020, 12:05:45 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: mediaDROID-150 Hangs on Restart Station Command  (Read 2977 times)

jchupp@ohiogratings.com

• View Profile
mediaDROID-150 Hangs on Restart Station Command
« on: July 30, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »
I have a mediaDROID-150 (Version 4.15.19) which hangs at the Media Signage...Digital Signage for everybody....Signage presentation will resume momentarily screen during restart.  I am also using a mediaDROID-90 (Version 4.12.27) which does not seem to have the same problem.  I am trying to make configuration changes to the devices in preparation for rolling this out, and it is very frustrating that the device does not restart when given the command from the DigitalSignage studio Stations management console.  The only solution is to power off the LED TV and back on.  Interestingly, I have another mediaDROID-150 (Version 4.10.12) which I just added and it seems to be restarting as expected.  Help! - Best Regards!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: mediaDROID-150 Hangs on Restart Station Command
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 02:54:07 PM »
Is the SignageController running (does it say connected)?

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 09:27:07 PM »
The Signage controller whether it is running or not can not be seen from the studio after ver4.20. Anytime i have to update the new version of studio i will have to completely remove and uninstall studio and do a fresh reinstall, I am also getting the same issue.

jchupp@ohiogratings.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 07:21:45 AM »
The station remains powered on and the controller service/application is still running when it freezes up.  I just had it occur again on the same unit after sending the Stop Station and Restart Station command from the DigitalStudio console.  I connected an USB keyboard to it and had to stop the controller app manually.  Once the controller app was stopped, it did restart and the station came back online. 

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:33:15 AM »
Have the players been updated as well with their cache deleted? I am wondering if the players and the Studio need to be on the same version.

@jchupp - You mentioned in your first post that the 150 you "Just Added" works fine, which tells me that it is working due to the fact that there is not an old version of the cache or version of the player on that player. Just a thought.

jchupp@ohiogratings.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 12:02:23 PM »
Just a quick update.  I am currently running the latest version of SignageStudio (4.20.23).  I went through and updated one mediaDRIOD-90 and two mediaDROID-150 stations to the latest version (4.20.15).  All the stations seem to be responding better to the Restart Station command.  I just restarted the mediaDROID-90 and it restarted and a  black screen appeared with the "presentation will resume momentarily..." message.  It took between 3-5 minutes and then the white SignagePlayer screen finally appeared and then the station seemed to resume the presentation normally.  I did also delete the cached on all three devices, which I have done several times as am developing the presentations and updating.  I am not sure if this had any impact, but is probably good practice anyway in troubleshooting.  Thanks for the tip!

So it would seem that by updating all devices to the latest version, the restart station seems to be working better.  Maybe I am too impatient and expect the station to restart sooner.  However I realize there may be a delay between the time I send the command and that is transfered to the mediaCLOUD and then to the remote mediaDROID.  Thanks for the responses and feedback everyone!  Best Regards! :)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 12:44:17 PM »
keep in mind that slow internet connection could have a big impact on how soon the station would come back, since when it gets restarted, it must sync back with mediaSERVERs and if net is slow, station may experience many re-transmits before it is ready to start playing ... again......
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:46:08 PM by admin »

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 03:39:47 PM »
I'm glad it worked out.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines