February 25, 2024, 02:44:25 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Create regions & territories with user permissions  (Read 4521 times)

Constantin

Create regions & territories with user permissions
« on: November 20, 2014, 03:24:24 AM »
Hi,

Let's make this Digital Signage the best of all.

We have a lot of stations around the country and we have a very big list of stations renamed in a specific way to know where the station is installed example: Paris-004-V.

The problem is we have territories / regions where we have to change a campaign so right now at this moment the list of stations is very large and we have to scroll and scroll untill we find the desired stations and change the campaign , also we have to do it one at one and maybe we have to change all stations from that region to the same campaign.

What I suggest is:

1. the posibility to create "regions"
(categories of the stations)  so this way you just create a category and rename it to REGION 1, 2, 3. etc.
2. Users with permissions to access only to his REGIONso only view his stations.

3. Select all stations with one click and then change a campaign for all stations with just a click.

4. As administrators we can see all folders (categories) of all stations, also another thing usefull it will be a "searchbar station" This way on the big list of stations if I only want to change one station I don't have to scroll just write the name and should appear.

I hope this suggestions improve the functionality of the digital signage and quality.

info: We have Enterprise version of Digital Signage , we use Minix x7 Mini Android as a Player and screens from 22' to 55' horizontal and some vertical with fullscreen video.

Constantin

Re: Create regions & territories with user permissions
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 04:05:20 AM »
Any news about his ?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 10:06:56 AM »
we have enhanced privileges in our road map, but I don't have an ETA

Constantin

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 05:24:46 AM »
How you guys suggest us to administrate all this starting with 2015.

-Our client want the posibility to change the campaign from ipads (I using studiolite as a webapp) but is not enough.

-We need to limit users created in signagestudio for studio lite to only (change campaign with another already created by us)
-Right now in privilegis we have created one with the permission to only acces stations (to change campaigns ) it works excelent if we chose Studio PRO , but if we chose studio lite have all privilegies like an admin to create campaigns,delete, resources , scenes etc.  So in studio lite maybe is a bug. (priviligies is not applied)

-We are the admins so imagine we have like 200 territories and every territory have like 100-200 stations.  If we launch a christmas campaign for example to all territories right now is very difficult because we have to enter in every territory account a create the same campaign. It will be nice to have the option to share campaigns between territories.

-Also if a territory have like I said before 200 maybe even more like 500 stations is verry difficult to search scrolling and scrolling until find a concret station to change his campaign so I suggest a searchbar for this.
-Another important thing is , if we want to change all stations to ther same campaign , right now we have to go one at one , it will be nice to have a checkbox to change a campaign for the selected ones or to all. So this way will be more faster.

I know that all I said can't be done from one day to another, I just want to know if you guys can take notes to implement it in near future. So this way I will try to convince my client.

Thank you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines