July 15, 2020, 07:10:24 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Displaying multi page PDFs - Signage Player  (Read 2127 times)

cnsmith

• View Profile
Displaying multi page PDFs - Signage Player
« on: April 24, 2014, 12:06:38 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm a new digital signage user and really like what I've seen so far. The live help chat on the website is also fantastic!

I work for a local council and have a project where I need to use digital signage to display the content of a weekly newsletter. Traditionally our outdoor crews havent had access to PCs and the idea is to publish the content for the news letter in their lunch rooms via a digital signage screen.

I'm using the signage player desktop client on Windows 7.

The trouble that I am having is coming up with an easy process for our admin staff to convert the existing PDF to a format that is compatible with the digital signage software, it's a process that will need to occur weekly so can't involve too many steps.

So far I've tried converting the PDF pages to individual JPEGs and importing them in to the digital signage console as resources. I then drag the resround directly in to the time line. The trouble is that resizing is not good, it becomes blury using this method.

I've also tried importing the PDF directly as a resource but there isn't a mechanisim to automatically turn the pages.

I've had thoughts about converting it to a digital flash magazine that automatically turns pages at certain intervals but can't find software to do this, idea? it would then become a swf of flv file that could easily be imported in one go.

I'm ope to all options an ideas here, basically the source will always be a PDF so we need to work with the content directly from the PDF.

My other components such as an RSS news fees, weather, UV ratings, clock etc work nicely and look good :)

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Displaying multi page PDFs - Signage Player
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 09:30:39 PM »
You can try converting pdf into a movie file, there are few tools available .

cnsmith

• View Profile
Re: Displaying multi page PDFs - Signage Player
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 02:19:06 AM »
Thanks. This did cross my mind. Do you know of any good applications for the conversion process?

Cam

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines