July 15, 2020, 07:37:42 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: screenfeed  (Read 2149 times)

justadsguy

• View Profile
screenfeed
« on: April 19, 2014, 05:33:53 PM »
We are using the screenfeed digital sign broadcast package

Recently, with no change on our side, the channel that is supposed to be playing the content just stops.
Everything in other channels keep player and upon 'restart' of signage player, it starts up again

I checked the timeline
I checked the campaign

I cleared the cache
I loaded on another machine

I rebuilt the campaign from scratch
I checked the hardware and drive space on the computer

Nothing pans out as an issue. But yet, this happens.

Ideas?

HFXSigns.ca

• View Profile
Re: screenfeed
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 02:14:57 PM »
What is the screenfeed input? What content are you trying to display? How long does it play before you have to reboot?

justadsguy

• View Profile
Re: screenfeed
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 10:07:27 AM »
Thanks for the reply

I have the digital broadcaster package from screenfeed.

In general, I've broken down all their feeds to simply grab one article at a time because their "random" key wasn't working.

So, I have MRSS Component across the timeline playing on a standard channel (not common)

I've tried each feed, one at a time and they all played. They all played in studio also.

Without fail -- within 2 hours -- and sometimes 5 minutes -- the screen either goes blank or shows an indicator like it's trying to load something.
Upon 'restart player' everything works for a limited amount of time.

I thought it could be one feed or another in particular, ie. billboard top 10 list or sports pictures -- but I was able to see those play.

On the other hand, when I didn't see those play for a while, I removed them so I just had standard RSS XML --
No luck there either.

I cannot get the system to play 24 / 12 / 6/ 4 hours consistently, regardless of content or configuration.

Currently running on 6 machines and our office system. All stop at different times.
Different customers / different logins / different campaigns (technically)

And yes, I tried clearing the cache on the box itself.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines