November 17, 2019, 12:24:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Touch Screen questions  (Read 9160 times)

Regener8

• View Profile
Touch Screen questions
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:56:41 PM »

Hello all

New here and have a couple of questions:

I have setup a touch screen without problems and wanted to know

1- is there a way to pop up a keyboard in digital signage for people to type in data ?

2- Is there a way to be able to have a scene take over the whole screen for example I would like to be able for a handicap user to be able to press the handicap icon on bottom right of screen and it to pop up a complete information screen taking over all the other scenes in the middle.

3- Is there a way to graphically show the stock market (bottom left) as in the picture I have included?

4- Has anybody had any luck with providing local flight information without having to type in your flight information ?

Thanks

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Touch Screen questions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:28:01 AM »
I should congratulate on your excellent design. If i touch the breakfast does it give the menu in that place? If so how did u do it? My question is if i touch the breakfast and then another screen can appear there on the size then you can do the same for the handicap.

Regener8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 03:06:48 PM »
Hello Anoop

Sorry didn't want to mislead anybody. This design was picture a customer took of a sign and they want me to replicate that for them. I have not done touch screens and was trying to figure out if it was possible using Digital signage.

I am able to setup a SCREEN template and have 3 boxes for middle and then assign a channel for each box and thencontent in each channel is able to be touched...

What I am stuck on and need help from Admin is it possible for a button such as handicap to be pressed and then the whole screen is taken over by content ?

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 07:50:32 PM »
I know this Marriot Courtyard Kiosk from Fourwinds interactive go board. One way to go around on this is to keep the handicap button below the entire scene. Create a collection viewer component with default settings to display the scene that you see now and when you press handicap button another scene to populate

Regener8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 11:19:47 PM »
Hey Anoon

Yes you are correct this is from a Marriot using GoBoard from Four winds interactive.
I don't have enterprise yet as I am just testing the waters ! So I am not sure about collection but will look that up on here.

It is easy to change menus if they are designated inside a specific screen area, so the breakfast screen are just images which I have made them buttons which then loads the next scene.

Ill post an image when I'm done with my demo without the Handicapp feature although customer really wants this.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 11:24:29 PM »
You can mail me across

Regener8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »
Admin

Can you answer any of these........

Hello all

New here and have a couple of questions:

I have setup a touch screen without problems and wanted to know

1- is there a way to pop up a keyboard in digital signage for people to type in data ?

2- Is there a way to be able to have a scene take over the whole screen for example I would like to be able for a handicap user to be able to press the handicap icon on bottom right of screen and it to pop up a complete information screen taking over all the other scenes in the middle.

3- Is there a way to graphically show the stock market (bottom left) as in the picture I have included?

4- Has anybody had any luck with providing local flight information without having to type in your flight information ?

Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines