January 19, 2022, 11:34:05 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Player Not Automatically Updating  (Read 15831 times)

Chagongo

• View Profile
Re: Player Not Automatically Updating
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 02:06:37 PM »
Hi, good to hear that Thomas' problem was resolved, just a question, is still operating with http polling? or now that the proxy issue was fixed is working with sockets (green light)?

Best Regards

Thomas Beck

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 07:09:59 AM »
Hi, good to hear that Thomas' problem was resolved, just a question, is still operating with http polling? or now that the proxy issue was fixed is working with sockets (green light)?

Best Regards

Now it works with sockets (GreenLight) and everything works realtime. As long as it was yellow, i had the same problem that you have.

MiloHlav

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 03:28:16 AM »
For me problem started to happen today and videos was not playing at all and when i logged into computer it was showing yellow polling from server every 60secs.
server moon.signage.me was pingable and there is no proxy at all.
I upgraded air version and player version and now its showing videos finally but there is still that polling from server message on player.
Any fix on this soon ?

jigou

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 11:21:44 AM »
Along these lines....we've tried some varied troubleshooting on our end, but have not yet hit upon exactly what's blocking the sockets from making it to our machines. We're relatively confident that it's a firewall issue, but it's beyond simply a port - we've opened the ports and it's made no difference.

Admin, can you comment - in reading the ActionScript documentation they make mention of using XML sockets. Based on the learnings of Chagongo above, I'm assuming that the AIR application running on our end is indeed using the XML Sockets functionality mentioned in that Adobe document? (Would love to share the link, but I'm not allowed.  :D )

I'm wondering if our firewall (a Barracuda NG device) is blocking the socket connection based on its content and not just the port. We have whitelisted the servers and IP addresses listed in the KnowledgeBase article.

The HTTP Polling doesn't appear to work for us either....but I'd rather put effort into getting the socket connection running.

Thanks!

Jarrod

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 12:36:33 PM »
Can you try to bypass the barracuda? Assuming that it is also an IPS, it is probably checking each packet that is passed through and from there is stopping the packets from making it to the players.

jigou

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 12:49:30 PM »
To close out OUR particular issue: we finally got a chance to spend some time troubleshooting, and narrowed the issue down to filtering occurring within the Barracuda Web Security Service that is an add-on to our firewalls. (The firewalls themselves are not doing IPS, but the Web Security Service is a "Web Content Filtering and Malware Protection" service that appears to be blocking the socket connection on port 80).

To work around this issue, we are setting all of our signage players to receive a static DHCP IP address, then excluding them from the Web Security Service based on IP.

Jarrod

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines