November 28, 2021, 12:28:07 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Default Resource Total Time Setting  (Read 2604 times)

Jeff W.

• View Profile
Default Resource Total Time Setting
« on: May 13, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »
Hi,

It would be amazing to have a user definable default resource total time setting.

My reasoning behind this is because I often upload multiple .jpgs and short video clips. All of these graphics I want to display for 10 seconds. Yes, I can set these all manually in the resources menu but it becomes tedious and time consuming. It would be much more simple to have a default setting that automatically applies to the files as they are imported.

Another great feature would be to have a way to select multiple resources together and change all of their total time values to the same value together. That would be another work-around to my problem.

Thank you for your consideration!

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Default Resource Total Time Setting
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 06:36:56 PM »
If you are an enterprise user you can use collection component. Instead of adding the resources on the time line you can add it to the collection component that has a default set time.

Jeff W.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 07:09:59 AM »
Thanks ANNOP. That's nice to know, but it would be nice to have such a simple feature on the free edition.

JMH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 02:04:23 AM »
Well.. in the free version it is possible. Though you have to do this manually. To be honest with you, I think MS did it perfectly by not implementing this option in the free version (but this is my opinion).

The free version is perfect when using this software on one location. But whenever you want to use it on multiple locations (so if you are going to earn money with it), you have to pay for the enterprise version. But... it would be nice when these paid functions would be less buggy... (so they should use this money for development on the enterprise functions, instead of the growing amount of buggy features). For example: the collection component works fine. But the fade in/out doesn't work (transitions 'on' at 'station'), so the items 'blink' when they change. Whenever you put the items manually in a timeline, the fade in/out transition does work.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines