February 08, 2023, 07:36:38 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Player will not start  (Read 4937 times)

roeing

Player will not start
« on: October 08, 2009, 07:53:42 PM »
Hello,

Just downloaded and installed the Airplayer onto a Windows XP SP3 PC with IE7, when I attempt to run the Signage Player, it asks me to login and set up the connection (scene, site name, etc) and when I do and hit next, it flashes up a screen that shows SignConnector (I think that's what it's called, not currently at the PC) is not running. Once I go into the C:\Program Files Media signage directory and then the win32 directory and manually run it, it stays at a black cmd line box and when I try and run the Sign Player link again, it will get to the same summary screen at the end before it flashes off too fast to read, and then just continually loops, trying to get me to log in and register the site again. The black box shows stuff going on during all this, the only error I see is a Data download error, but I've created a DMZ in the firewall for this PC, so there should be no connection errors. The offline studio and preview mode both work great. Any ideas?

Thanks!

admin

• Administrator
Re: Player will not start
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 06:17:12 AM »
Ok please do the following:

1. Close all Apps
2. Run ONLY the SignageController.exe from c:\program files\SignagePlayer\win32\SignageController.exe
3. Wait

Let the SignageController run the SignagePlayer FOR YOU.
Once it does, the SignagePlayer should show two Green texts, Connected and Running.

Let me know,
Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com

roeing

Re: Player will not start
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 09:13:08 AM »
First of all, thank you for the quick reply!

I did what you suggested, and when the Signage Player register a new site window came up, I logged in using my credentials, gave the site a name, and let it start connecting-I saw on the final screen that both lines were green but the window closed too fast for me to read all the words, and then it bought up the signage player register a new site window to start all over again. Tried doing it again and exact same result.

I tried to then remove and reinstall signage player and creator, then when trying to reinstall, I got an error message from Air saying that the install file could not install and was possibly corrupted, please obtain the package from the author and try again. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling air again, same message.

Any ideas?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines