December 06, 2019, 08:03:04 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Showing Pictures stored locally  (Read 2141 times)

Mock

• View Profile
Showing Pictures stored locally
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:17:37 AM »
So I was wondering if anybody had any idea on how to show pictures store locally on the PC in a screen division.  I know you are thinking why would you ever want to do this but hear me out.

I have a client that wants some signs set up for a big party. They want to be able to live update pictures on the sign without the sign ever going black to restart.  The idea being they would pull pictures off of twitter that were taken at the party and live update the signs throughout the night.

What I am thinking of doing is putting dropbox on all of the machines. Then I could share that folder with whoever is managing the pictures and they can add/delete as they like which would update the signs seamlessly and automatically.

I am just nto sure how I could point the software to look at pictures that or stored locally.  Any ideas?

StarVue

• View Profile
Re: Showing Pictures stored locally
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 07:25:33 PM »
I'm not sure how to set up the back-end...but what about an MRSS feed of your images.
Just keep adding to the MRSS feed through the night.
You can set the interval that the Signage Player will refresh the feed to grab new pics.
     -StarVue

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 08:23:52 PM »
Mock; You could have a webserver (XAMPP) installed in your system and host the pictures inside the local folder. Then you can link the timeline using external images> If you need more help you can mail me

Mock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 08:45:08 AM »
I actually used the MRSS feed one time before and it worked greatfor the most part using smugmug. The only problem is if you don't have a decent internet connection it takes a a few seconds for each picture to load. Being able to look at them locally would get rid of that issue. 

I I am going to give the webserver idea a try, thanks!

I appreciate the ideas and feedback, you guys rock!

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 01:10:31 PM »
Please not that when you use local server ensure that all images are of the same size as the channel because the images will not autoscale to fit the zone

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines