December 14, 2019, 11:42:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Player stops playing  (Read 7546 times)

gertkh

• View Profile
Player stops playing
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »
Hi

As a test i have my player running 24-7. But during the night (i don't know the time) the player stops playing. If i trey to start the player again it fails to start. I need to reboot the computer to get it up running again.

I have seen the same one time when i uploaded new content to the player.

/Gert
Denmark

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Player stops playing
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 10:25:40 PM »
I need you to make sure that you are running the SignageController.exe FROM THE INSTALLED DIRECTORY.
In other words, DO NOT RUN IT from Programs > Startup > SignageController.exe as this will cause the problem.

What you want to do is make sure that you ONLY PUT A SHORTCUT in Program Files > Startup to the actual SignageController.exe which MUST be in C:\Program Files\SignagePlayer\Win32\SignageController.exe

Let me know,

Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:39:50 PM by admin »

gertkh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »
Hi Sean

Sorry for my late reply.

I have just changed it, i hope that it is running now.

/Gert
Denmark

gertkh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 12:22:00 AM »
Hi

Solves the problem, my player has now been running with out any problems.

Thanks

/Gert

nick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
I have been having the same problem, most of the time it plays fine but it's also crashing 6-8 times a day.  The Signage controller does restart the player but ocasionally it doesn't work.  Another issue that may be realated is that the program gets stuck in the black screen says "signage presentation will resume momentarily" and nothing ever happens.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 04:59:03 PM »
Nick,
You found the problem, right ? It was because you cloned the HDD and has the same SignagePlayer registration.

Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com

nick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 03:16:53 PM »
That solved a problem, but I am still having issues with the player crashing.  Most of the time the signage controller restarts the player but today a few of my screens ended up just sitting with a blank screen until I restarted the computer.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 05:59:16 PM »
Hi Nick,

We have a TON of players and I test the system day in and day out and NEVER had I a Player crash with the screen shot you emailed us. Now, don't get me wrong, I believe it is crashing for you...

HOWEVER, this has to do with your setup, maybe its your hardware, or software, or some driver you have installed.
Again, I never had anyone report a AIR crash like your.

Somethings to try:

1. Get a different hardware setup for (1) box to rule hardware issue.
2. Try and run another campaign for a few days to confirm is that runs ok
3. Get a BLACKBOX

I think that with a process of elimination we can close on the issue but we need your help to try and CHANGE things around to find out when it crashes and more importantly, when it does not...

Let me know,
Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 08:03:15 PM »
Sean;

In couple of my installations i have seen sometimes that some of the zones show blank screen. The zones are generally where i am running catalogue or a video file(flv) and even where i have clock (the clock resets to 12.00 as display in the screen), i am unable to take a screen shot because this is at clients place and i can see from the studio that this is happening. Yesterday it happened at a system which i have been running for last 3 months. Then i upgraded it to 1.8 ver and need to check whether it happens today also. I have had this with two more installations, but since this is intermittent no idea when this happens.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 09:03:01 PM »
Ok, try and find a pattern, I will login to your account and try and see if I can reproduce this...
Did you see this in 1.8 ?

Sean.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 12:01:07 PM »
Sean;

I think i have found the problem. When u have catalogue application in a zone and then put it on a repeat to fit , it freezes. My application had 6 zones, 2 zones had one logo each which were JPG images, One  Zone of RSS feed, 1 Zone of Stock ticker, 1 Zone which had time function and weather player 1 big zone where the ads were played which would have flv,swf and JPG's and another 1 zone which had catalogue function. The zone which had ads would run for a longer time in the timeline, the rest i used repeat to fit, the problem used to be that the zone which had catalogues became blank; the zone with ads became blank when flv ran and when the weather function changed to time then the clock became 12 o clock. I dont know whether it is the problem with the clock application or catalogue , but repeat to fit function looks to be the culprit.
Now i have removed the repeat to fit function and ensured all the channels are running full time line, it seems to be working. I am crossing my fingers hope i dont land up into problem once again.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 04:19:57 PM »
k, let us know, and that's the reason, we can fix it ASAP.
Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines