November 29, 2020, 02:30:35 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: SignagePlayer shows black screen when trying to update  (Read 3021 times)

A.HOII!

• View Profile
SignagePlayer shows black screen when trying to update
« on: February 25, 2014, 01:39:08 AM »
Hi everyone,

the SignagePlayer shows a black screen when it is reconnected to a wifi and there is no internet connection or he looses the wifi connection. Anyone with the same problem?

JMH

• View Profile
Re: SignagePlayer shows black screen when trying to update
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 02:18:47 AM »
Wifi is working fine over here. How's your wifi signal? Is it strong enough and is it stable?
What player are you using, Android based or Windows based? Perhaps it is a problem in your hardware or settings of the device.

A.HOII!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 02:48:54 AM »
Hi, I use the following system:

Android Stick:
- Cortex A9 DualCore bis zu 2x 1,4 GHz
- 1 GB DDR3
- Graphic: Mali400MP4  (4 Kern Grafik-Chipsatz)
- Cortex-A9 RK3066

Player version:

The wifi signal is the problem. It is that weak that it is possible that there is a signal or that there isn't a signal.

JMH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 04:13:37 AM »
I also have had different sticks with wifi problems. A known problem is that these android sticks are getting to hot, causing the WIFI to stop working. It is far from reliable. Try to find sticks that have external WIFI antennas. Or buy an ethernet to USB dongle (works fine). Haven't tryed this, but perhaps it is possible to use a USB wifi dongle on the android stick (don't know if this is possible, because of the drivers and internal wifi).

My advice: get a stick with external wifi antenna, or buy an Android box with standard ethernet support (these boxes also have external antenna's most of the time). Or ofcourse buy one from MS.

cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 08:23:06 AM »
Hi everyone,

the SignagePlayer shows a black screen when it is reconnected to a wifi and there is no internet connection or he looses the wifi connection. Anyone with the same problem?

This has happened to me:

http://script.digitalsignage.com/forum/index.php/topic,3837.msg11842.html#msg11842

From time to time this problem occurs.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines