October 01, 2020, 03:47:53 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: TV capturing lot of instability  (Read 5024 times)

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
TV capturing lot of instability
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:19:32 AM »
We are finding in the recent launches of the signage player, the TV capturing has been pretty unstable.We are using Avermedia TV Tuner card, sometimes the video doesnt come, sometimes the audio doesnnt come. The earlier versions of the player used to work properly. Could you kindly check this, this is asap as we have an installtion with this service.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TV capturing lot of instability
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 08:28:40 AM »
Hello,
We have not touched the section of the app (capture card component that is) for over 6 months so it must be something that has to do with your setup or PC.
On our next version we will add a few more properties, such as FPS (frames per second) so you may play with in regards to the capture card.

David.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:23:22 AM »
David;

I had made a glorius mistake of putting the compenent directly in the campaign timeline  instead of making it as a scene, it works fine when i create the scene. But i am not able to get the audio how do i handle this???

Somewhere i read that the capture component does not support audio; my problem is if i have to take it as external like running the Avermedia outside then say i m running a campaign where 5 minutes its about comapnys ads and then 5 minutes its TV when i am running the company's ads then the background TV sound will be there; how do i control this???

I am stuck with this!!!!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:38:55 AM »
At this point we do not support Audio in the Player, the Audio must go through the TV Speakers.

David.

ReggaeLady

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 04:35:19 PM »
Anoop,
Can I ask you a Great favour. I am having issues with using a capture card for Cable TV.
Not sure if anyone else getting same...Anyways...I need to know if this function works or not as it is a very important part of my product. I have an existing network that functions well..so I am not too bad on understanding all of this..I just need to be shown.

Please advise,
Anxiously await a response.

Sharon
Sunny Jamaica
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:37:25 PM by admin »

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 09:57:17 PM »
Sharon;

Even i have not been able to get a stable solution. I tried using the VCR ; the display comes but its not accepting the sound card driver of avermedia. I have tried using VDUB i got both sound and video but then i dont have the commandline option.  Still in testing mode, if i am able to strike; i will post it here. Till then goodluck

ReggaeLady

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 10:35:33 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for your speedy response...I just need to know the settings to get it going. I did all that the tutorial said to do and when the player updates a big white screen comes up with the VCR software..Then I click on the button and I get a very small picture of the movie...havent even checked for sound as yet.
Lemmi know.
SM

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines