November 22, 2019, 03:02:43 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Presentation does not respect gaps in timeline channel  (Read 3045 times)

chazbomusic

• View Profile
Presentation does not respect gaps in timeline channel
« on: February 08, 2014, 11:56:56 AM »
I have images that are supposed to appear at a specific point on the timeline (Channel 7) and show for a set duration (10 seconds). Although I have the "Respect content length" option turned on for the channel, the presentation will show the content at the time it positioned to start, but instead of disappearing after the 10 second duration the content appears for longer until the next image is arranged to appear. The presentation is not respecting the content length nor the blank space.

JMH

• View Profile
Re: Presentation does not respect gaps in timeline channel
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 01:58:30 AM »
I how to officially fix this, but I might know a workaround for you: What is playing on the background of the picture? If this is a steady picture too, perhaps you can add this 'background' to play, untill you want to play the next picture.

Hopefully someone knows how to fix this like it really should, because this workaround won't work if any video's are playing (unless it is possible to insert a picture with 100% opacity, perhaps you can try this too).

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 05:37:41 AM »
Chazo: It should work.. Please check whether repeat to fit has been used or something like that

chazbomusic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 08:25:40 AM »
Thanks for the responses. I have a background and foreground (mask) running, so the option to make them visible isn't plausible.

Anoop - I have the settings correct. It does not work. I do not have "repeat to fit" selected. In fact, I have "respect content length" selected.

StarVue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 10:31:41 AM »
Between your images, place a transparent "PNG" file the length of the blank space until your next image.

I think that's the simple fix.  ::)
   -StarVue

chazbomusic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 11:43:58 PM »
Between your images, place a transparent "PNG" file the length of the blank space until your next image.

I think that's the simple fix.  ::)
   -StarVue

Yes, I ended up doing this. It works.

ShowIT Media

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 05:29:12 AM »
It must be a bug in the signage studio/player.

It works if you Change the image to SWF.

I use animated SWF files for transitions and they do respect the length if you remember to set the build property to play once when building the SWF.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines