November 29, 2021, 04:45:06 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Android player stops working good with playing video's.  (Read 2831 times)

JMH

• View Profile
Android player stops working good with playing video's.
« on: February 08, 2014, 01:41:43 AM »
My android player has played an mp4 file flawlessly for a very long time. Today it just stops playing it, after about 10 sec, it hangs. I converted the mp4 to flv, also the same problem. Some other content (SWF) plays fine, but I am wondering how it is possible that the mp4 has played perfectly for a while and suddenly stops. Even after reboot the problem occures. After 10 sec, the video just hangs, but the RSS tickertape, clock and textfield keep working...

Edit: Ok, I noticed that whenever I keep the monitor on, the player keeps running fine, but whenever I put the monitor off for about 5-10 minutes and return it on, the player hangs. This happens whenever a videofile (flv, mp4 etc.) is used, whenever only SWF and pictures are used this problem does not occure. Still I think this is very weird, because the video's do not have a memory leak (memory stays between 500mb-650mb, the device has 2gb).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 06:22:26 AM by JMH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines