January 31, 2023, 04:54:09 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: repeat in scheduler  (Read 6962 times)

causticbuddhist

repeat in scheduler
« on: September 19, 2009, 02:47:24 PM »
I know about repeating a time line in scheduler once/daily/weekly.

Is there a simple way to repeat a time line say every 15 min, instead of having to go in and manually add this second high priority time line?

admin

• Administrator
Re: repeat in scheduler
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 03:30:35 PM »
Just use the Sequencer instead of the Scheduler which by default alwats repeats the timeline.

Regards,

Alon - MediaSignage.com

causticbuddhist

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 04:32:21 PM »
Unfortunately the Sequencer doesn't give me the versatility needed.

I'm doing this as a side project for a hotel.

This specific  instance contains 1 very simple time line (of 1 minute and 32 seconds) that needs to be repeated 24/7 consisting of arriving and departing airline flights, weather, a custom RSS, a little video and a flight delay status html component. (luckily that is all done)

Now occasionally the hotel may want to welcome special guest or group with a full screen "Welcome to our hotel!" that plays every X number of minutes for say two days and provide them with a schedule of events that plays every Y number off minutes during that two days.
They may also will want to promote their bar specials every Z number of minutes for the next week.

Now I could accomplish this by individually dropping individual time lines into the scheduler and adjusting their start times individually, I was just hoping for a quicker solution.  If not it's not super important because it's possible just much easier for the inherently lazy  :D

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 06:41:28 AM »
For what you want to do you can use the Scheduler with great ease.

Set the start and end dates of your common timeline a few years a head so it always runs.
Your X interrupt timelines that play only once in a while will have higher priority set so they will override the continuous timeline.
Your Y and Z timelines will have even higher priority which will override prior timelines

So in other words, by using the priority feature of the scheduler you can achieve this.

Regards,

Sean.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines