July 09, 2020, 07:39:50 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Enhanced Scheduling - How hard would this be to implement?  (Read 2140 times)

IPNDDS

• View Profile
Enhanced Scheduling - How hard would this be to implement?
« on: December 11, 2013, 01:33:46 PM »
Yes, it appears that you have quite a large customer base that is indeed in need of enhanced scheduling.  Please do not ignore the need for this.  It has been very overlooked and it is imperative that scheduling be improved drastically.

An idea that I have seems pretty straight forward and is based on my experience with other digital signage software providers.

1. Add a resource to the timeline.
2. Double click it to bring up the properties.
3. Allow properties to be set for a.) begin on date/end on date  b.) start/stop time  c.) choose to play resource on M T W TH F SA SU
4. Make the scheduled resource identifiable on the timeline with perhaps a visual identifier (a red outline or hatch mark).

Then, allow for a list view of all scheduled resources and their status (Scheduled or Expired).  When a resource is expired, have it automatically remove itself from the timeline and snap everything together and change status from scheduled to expired.

All of this would allow for the proper scheduling of individual content items rather than timelines and thus drastically improving the usability of the software.

Peter Huss

• View Profile
Re: Enhanced Scheduling - How hard would this be to implement?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 08:04:50 AM »
+1 on that.
I really hope that this functionality is coming and I would assume that there are many of us that do.

scannercop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »
+10. A must have feature!

ShowIT Media

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 03:00:33 PM »
It would be a nice feature.

BUT, I would be happy if I was just able to Schedule a single timeline.
So that I could have my normal secuence playing and then just Schedule one timeline to take over at a certain point in time, and when the Schedule ends the Campaign would just continue on its normal secuense.

It's sort of what we got now, I just want to be able to use both and not have one or the other for a campaign.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines