December 06, 2019, 08:41:34 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Google Calendar XML Feed not working in RSS News Component  (Read 2854 times)

chazbomusic

• View Profile
Google Calendar XML Feed not working in RSS News Component
« on: December 08, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »
I am trying to display Google Calendar content in an RSS News component on my timeline. When I paste the XML URL provided by Google for my calendar into the CUSTOM URL field in the properties setting of the RSS News component, nothing shows up. But when I switch to one of the default feeds, like Yahoo Sports, that does show up.

StarVue

• View Profile
Re: Google Calendar XML Feed not working in RSS News Component
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 07:01:26 PM »
I had answered this same questions once before...Please see the following thread.
http://script.digitalsignage.com/forum/index.php/topic,928.0.html

I hope that helps!!  :D

chazbomusic

• View Profile
Re: Google Calendar XML Feed not working in RSS News Component
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »
Thank you, this helped a lot. I am now experiencing some problems with the feed and the layout.

FEED: The title does not show. Instead, it shows the word "busy" in place of the actual event title.

LAYOUT: The scene does not appear to fill the the screen division in the browser preview mode. The screen divsion is 240x452. In the SignageStudio, I have set the dimensions of the scene (240x452) to be the exact same dimensions of the screen division (240x452). Within the scene, there are two elements: image resource (header) and RSS Feed (Google Calendar feed details). Each element is sized to be the full width of the scene (240) and the combined height of the two elements (100 for header and 352 for RSS feed) is set to fill the scene height. However, when I launch the presentation in a browser, there is a white boarder around the scene RIGHT and BOTTOM. Also, the feed content scrolls from the bottom within the SignageStudio, been when I go to preview the feed content starts from about the middle of the screen division.

Screen showing screen division for calendar as 240x452

Scene showing dimensions as 240x452

Preview of presentation in browser. There is a white boarder and for some reason the feed doesn't start from bottom like it does in the SignageStudio (see above in scene build)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines