June 18, 2019, 02:08:40 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Video Goes Black/Audio Plays After Several hours of Playback  (Read 2167 times)

Xizor

• View Profile
Video Goes Black/Audio Plays After Several hours of Playback
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »
Hi guys,

I have a device that is running a signage presentation that features an alternating sequence of stills and video (i.e. JPG > Video > JPG > Video > JPG). The timeline will play fine for several hours and then one of the videos, rarely the same one all the time, will not display the visual portion of the video but will play the audio. Within a few more cycles of the timeline the visual part of the video will reappear and all of the videos will play fine until another video exhibits the same bug. Does anyone have any experience running into the same thing and have a bead on a fix.

Video Specs:
Codec: F4V/H.264 renamed to FLV
Length: 19sec - 32sec
File Size: 4mb - 6mb

Device Specs:
Quadcore 1.6ghz Android
2g RAM
8g Storage
Android Jelly Bean

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Video Goes Black/Audio Plays After Several hours of Playback
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 02:21:22 AM »
1.Have you tried this campaign on windowspc? If not please check this
2.Since you are not using Mediasignage Android device they might not be in a position to help you and all android devices dont work similarly
3.Do you have any Background or Mask in the campaign, If you have remove that and see.

Xizor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 02:05:07 PM »
Hi ANOOP,

1) I have no access to a windows machine.
2) It is a third party stick.
3) I have no masks or backgrounds in the presentation. I do have blank scenes as offsets and placeholders in between the videos.

The phenomenon seems to be resolution independent as it happens with 480p, 460p, and 360p videos.

The audio portion is encoded as MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a). Which is the only variance from MediaSignage's recommended codec usage instructions (which they recommend as MP3) however I only have the encoding options of AAC, AAC+Version 1, and AAC+Version 2. Would audio encoding have any bearing at all on a video's picture playback? Keep in mind I'm getting 9 to 12 hours of problem free playback before the issue arises and it only persists for 30 minutes and then everything resumes ideal playback. Though it should be noted that H.264 files natively use AAC audio and MP3 audio for H264 files isn't a commonly available setting for a variety of encoders including Adobe Media Encoder so I really hope the audio encoding isn't at the heart of the issue.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 02:15:16 PM by Xizor »

IPNDDS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 11:21:56 AM »
I've had this issue happen on both a MediaDroid 85 stick provided by Media Signage as well as a third party device that has the exact same specs as the MediaDroid 150.  In addition to the video issues you speak of, I've also had the audio for a video clip just randomly start playing in the background even though the visual part of the signage project looks to be playing normally.

I'm curious to know exactly what this "special baked" Android OS is that Media Signage speaks of.

billionwan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 07:45:31 PM »
I have the same experience on my HTC New One. I am using a Campaign with multiple Timelines, each Timeline has only one video file. If the Duration of each Timeline, Output Screen and Resource is not properly managed, then the playing video some time will mix with the audio of previous video.

Hope anyone can solve this issue.

Billion Wan   

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines