January 23, 2022, 12:25:22 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: RSS not updating  (Read 3293 times)

gordfalk

• View Profile
RSS not updating
« on: January 21, 2013, 11:29:55 AM »
I have created a RSS feed to scroll the names of students who need to come to the office.  I have tested the xml, and it validates.  Since the feed is only intended for internal use, it is on a valid Intranet web server.  The feed displays and scrolls beautifully, but does not update.

When I first start or update the Signage Player, it downloads the most recent version of the xml file.  After that, it no longer updates.  I have verified that the timestamp of the file is updated everytime we add a new record or remove an old record.

I have the feed set to refresh every 3 minutes in Signage Studio.

Is there something else that the Player is looking at to determine if it should download the new file, or use the cached copy?

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RSS not updating
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:07:30 PM »
Is the timeline for the feed 3 min as well? I think the feed refreshes at each timeline restart.

gordfalk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »
I shortened the timeline for testing, and it still does not refresh the feed.  The correct xml file has been available for 10 minutes and the players have still not downloaded the current version.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »
For some reason I was thinking you were using the XML component. Sorry.

teethstraight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 08:51:16 AM »
Noticing this same issue.

Started using the RSS as a custom message ticker as a common channel in some of my timelines and have noticed that it won't update, despite the minimum refresh set to 1 minute.

Seems it will only pull new info if zone has to reload or player is restarted. That defeats the purpose of having a minimum refresh, does it not?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines