August 20, 2019, 10:14:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Touch Screen Windows 7 32,42,47 inch vertical and 32 inch horizontal not working  (Read 5683 times)

frankevans

• View Profile

does a bug exist or links to  touch screen function in windows require enhancement?
Can't recommend touch screen kiosks we sell to our customers. We demonstrated 4 units at a conference and the touch screen function was not robust. Yes they are all in kiosk mode and the windows 7 touch screen functionality is set up.
. We tested four different units all Windows 7 Ultimate full version licenses with the touch screen functions enabled.
-32,42,47 Vertical mode touch screen kiosks large LG touch screen running windows 7
-32 inch horizontal touch screen running windows 7

The touch screen functionality when in kiosk mode is not robust or usable in its current form. The software is functional with a mouse but we find the following testing 4 different units and also comment that another digital  signage software product does work with the up, down and across swipes and provides scroll bars automatically. The other solution is robust enough to  roll out. Note it is from a kiosk digital signage company with 250,000 license locations deployed.

Media Signage Studio and Player touch screen is not robust  and only partially works. Functions that don't work with windows 7 are swipe up and down and across and  pinch functions highlight the whole screen, scroll bars
-Mouse does work
-Only touching a function will work but it is not robust like it should be and like the other applications we test

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We do support all of the above in your own custom developed swf, and so if you developed a swf file with gestures, or swipes that are fully supported by Adobe SDK all functions will work; but keep in mind you will need to develop it using Flash and not a 3rd party swf generator and you must comply with the offical Adobe API.
I do recommend you use the Adobe gaming SDK release 1.3:

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2013/11/adobe-gaming-sdk-1-3-release.html
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/multitouch_gestures.html

In fact, if you want to see it in action, simply install:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.adobe.flex.TourDeMobileFlex

and you can demo this on any Android device; and of course the API is the same and will work the same way on a Windows 7 or Windows 8 device with the same API as long as the Windows device supports gestures.

and you will have full 3D hardware accelerated performance with 100% support for all standard mobile gestures.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:55:51 PM by admin »

frankevans

• View Profile
Note we are using websites from our prospective customers that support touch screen.Sounds like your custom developed swf needs enhancement.
The units have windows 7 touch screen functionality enabled and work well outside of your application and with other digital signage touch screen applications. Please test your application with touch screen large 32 42, and 47 touch screens in horizontal and vertical mode. Once again the windows touch screen function does not work with your application. Only the touch function not up and down or across and pinch and when you try to swipe it highlights content on the page. It is not fully supporting all of the Windows 7 touch screen functions. The other solution is very robust like and a smart phone and provides scroll bars to make it easier?

We don't have plans to created touch screen applications but want to make sure the software supports touch screen functionality created by the specific application our banking and credit union clients will want to show.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
yes the software supports it via our compatibility guidelines.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 04:21:58 PM by admin »

frankevans

• View Profile
ok but its not working on all four ofof my windows 7 touch screen kiosks or I have set the campaign wrong. The campaign is set up in kiosk mode and goes the rbc canada website. the website displays but only suppport partial touch screeen funtion. Keep going in circles with you. I know your solution supports it as you say but it does not work the way you think. can you test my campaing on windows 7 touch screen preferrably 32 inch or higher, because it does not work like you promise? You can then advise when the fix to the software can be completed.

frankevans

• View Profile
can you provide an update on where this is in your investigation!

frankevans

• View Profile
can you provide an update where this is?

frankevans

• View Profile
been three months, can you udpate. I have come to the conclusion the software is great for non touch digital signage software.
I have come to the conclusion the software does not support touch screen mode in windows 7.

frankevans

• View Profile
been three months, can you udpate. I have come to the conclusion the software is great for non touch digital signage software.
I have come to the conclusion the software does not support touch screen mode in windows 7.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Have you tried creating touch via Adobe Flash touch events? it will work 100%
HTML5 is option as well, but Flash will run event gestures as well.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines