November 18, 2019, 01:20:37 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: What does the Component do? Missing documentation  (Read 8095 times)

ShowIT Media

• View Profile
What does the Component do? Missing documentation
« on: November 14, 2013, 01:44:51 AM »
Hi,

Was was just looking over the different Components you can install, but they are very porly documented.

It would be nice if the documentation coevered in details the different components, some are shortly covered in the docs under components, but it is hard to find what you are looking fore, when it all is just scrolling and scrolling, Some are covert in more details under the Enterprice section with there own section.

But some components are not mentioned any where.
What is forinstance the Message Component that I can install? What does it do and how can I use it?

It might just be me that can't find it, I have looked in the docs and tried searching the forum without any luck.

Cheers,
Jonas
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:17:15 AM by jocit »

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
Re: What does the Component do? Missing documentation
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 04:34:16 AM »
Did you try the main website www.digitalsignage.com
Top header under Technology > SignageStudio > scroll all the way down to page and COMPONENTS. 
All the components are listed there explaining what they do and if they are Free or part of the Enterprise edition. 

Also try Video Tutorials to learn how to use each Component in details.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:36:11 AM by GRAFIXMEDIA »

ShowIT Media

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 05:00:38 AM »
That was well hidden.

There is no video for the Message Component or any mention of the Message Component under Technology and Signage studio.

I would have never thourght of looking under technologi and Signage Studio on the Main Commersioal Page.
One would expect souch things to be under Support and Documentation, or if the documentation is not updated then at least here in the forums.

I have in the mean time found out that the problem is not missing documentation but inconsistent naming.

The Message Component when you install it, becomes the Chat component in the Signage studio

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 08:02:50 AM »
Documents get updated on regular basis and since Chat and other few components been added recently they haven't yet been add to documentation, but soon will be. 

Chat Video Tut is there maybe Admin can post direct link for you since I do not know how to but it is there under Components.

Videos are lot better then documents. 

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 09:00:41 AM »
yes we will post the new components docs soon, for now you can watch the video tutorials...

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines