November 19, 2019, 03:32:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: scene editor save/upload works once then quits  (Read 2614 times)

jeffduwe@gmail.com

• View Profile
scene editor save/upload works once then quits
« on: November 10, 2013, 07:39:37 PM »
When editing a scene, I can save/upload once. If I  make further changes then try to save/upload, I get the synchronizing box but it goes away and I don't get the save/upload box. If I save/upload, and then click on another scene, then back to the scene I was editing and make a change I can save/upload again, but only the one time. It also seems not to work if I do a lot of editing of the scene and then try to save/upload. This happens on both the Windows SignageStudio and the web browser based SignageStudio. This problem seems to  have started happening in the last week or 2.

HELP

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
Re: scene editor save/upload works once then quits
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:48:08 AM »
Hi there
The last scene you created before this problem started to happen contains text and within that text there is text symbols special characters that need removing before you can save your work. 

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 08:50:53 AM »
yes it could be that are using a character such as & or < that's causing the XML a save error...

jeffduwe@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 07:19:36 PM »
I've looked at all my scenes and do not see any text containing & or >< I do have apostrophes and colons and question marks? is there a list of these characters that can mess me up?

Thanks, 

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 04:25:55 AM »
Have you created Catalog Items? 
If you have then check for:
&
<
>
On Catalog item info.
these are the ones I know of, rest should be fine.

katanafly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 06:47:43 AM »
When editing a scene, I can save/upload once. If I  make further changes then try to save/upload, I get the synchronizing box but it goes away and I don't get the save/upload box. If I save/upload, and then click on another scene, then back to the scene I was editing and make a change I can save/upload again, but only the one time. It also seems not to work if I do a lot of editing of the scene and then try to save/upload. This happens on both the Windows SignageStudio and the web browser based SignageStudio. This problem seems to  have started happening in the last week or 2.

HELP

i have the same problem...have u solved the problem?
greetings from austria

Tomm F

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 02:47:42 PM »
I had the same problem and found that I was trying to edit a file (scene) that I had in a folder.  When it saved the file the first time, it was defaulting to the root directory where it naturally couldn't find the scene, yet the scene I was working on stayed resident in the editing window!  I found that by making sure I clicked on the correct file [in the assigned folder] after a save, all was well!!  However, it's also easy (And, probably better if you have no better memory than I do) to simply move the scene to the root directory for editing, then back to the folder where you want it to reside when finished. 

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 11:09:17 PM »
Yes it is a becoming a big problem in editing scenes when folders are available. If you save and start re-editing it does not work. We will have to go to another scene and then get back to the scene. The issue is when ever we are saving the scene it goes to the root folder as  Tomm said.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines