July 11, 2020, 10:24:51 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: No FullScreen Players  (Read 2683 times)

ireirenene

• View Profile
No FullScreen Players
« on: October 02, 2013, 07:32:02 AM »
Hello!
I've noticed that sometimes, when you start the Windows Player, the presentation is not full screen. (Photo)

The problem is solved by restarting Windows, but our customers are in many places and we can not know if this is happening or not.
In the SignageStudio everything seems to work properly.
why does this happen?

Thank you very much!
Regards,

Irene

ireirenene

• View Profile
Re: No FullScreen Players
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:03:40 AM »
We have come to a conclusion ...
The problem has continued, but we know when it happens. We do not know how to fix it, or that they cause.
When you disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect it, play is not FullScreen. Is solved by restarting Windows, the station. Then the display will be at FullScreen.

The problem comes from the play via HDMI (we think ...).
If you think of just have to reboot the player. Try not to disconnect the HDMI cable usually ...

Regards

Irene

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 08:38:45 AM »
What is the screen resolution that you use? If it is 1280X720 or 1980X1080 (Full HD support to be available on TV) then you would not face this problem. If you are running the screen with other resolution settings then whenever the HDMI cable is removed and start the TV then the TV will try adjusting the resolution to native HDMI resolution. I presume this could be the problem.

Saner Media

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:56:42 AM »
This happens on all my 720p screens. It never happens on any of my 1080 screens. If you restart or reboot the player when the tv is off or hdmi unplugged, windows starts the campaign in the windows default 1080p mode. When the tv gets turned on or hdmi plugged in, the screen then adapts to the 720p. The only way to get full resolution back is to reboot the media player while the screen is on & hdmi plugged in.

Basically, it's a windows display settings.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 11:13:48 AM »
Check this : If there is a VGA port on the TV then connect the TV and the PC with VGA cable and have both HDMI and VGA as clone or dual display and try if the same thing happens

ireirenene

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 09:07:53 AM »
Hi!

The screen resolution used is 1280x720 (monitor support available in brand Benq, we use.)
The monitor's native resolution is 1680x1050, but is set to 1280x720 (same as the resolution of the campaign played).
It is quite possible that whatever Anoop supposed.

A few questions:

Saner Media: So happens for a Windows configuration can not be changed?
And whenever you restart the media player has to be the screen on and the HDMI connected?

Anoop: I have VGA port on the monitor, but I have no VGA port on the player.

Any other ideas?

Thank you very much guys for your answers!

Irene

JMH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 11:33:23 AM »
What players are you using? You can try to use the driver settings of your GPU to force the output of your player to match the screen. It is a misscomunication between your player and the screen. Whenever Windows starts when the screen is on, it recognises the screen and will show the correct resolution. But, whenever you first boot Windows and than turn the screen on, it might not play in full screen. You have to fix this in Windows. I use for this reason AMD APU's, since the driver is able to force the right resolution, this works for me.

ireirenene

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 04:11:58 AM »
JMH thank you very much!
Indeed, this happens to me when you say. I will test it and it works for you anyway on schedule it for the screens is earlier than on Windows.

Thank you again!

Regards

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines