February 25, 2020, 04:26:35 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Corrupted Resources in Studio Accounts  (Read 1593 times)

teethstraight

• View Profile
Corrupted Resources in Studio Accounts
« on: October 16, 2013, 12:14:42 PM »
Hi,

I've noticed that a few of my Studio accounts had corrupted files after this past weekend.  I deleted and recreated two of those affected accounts already and they seem to be ok for now.  But I just noticed a third account to have corrupted files and I'm hoping you could take a look into it to see what the issue might be.  These accounts were fine up until this past weekend.  It's not related to any specific file type as it has effected both image and video resources.  It appears to be more hit or miss as to what files are corrupted.  Was there a server related update over the weekend that could have possibly caused some of my resources to corrupt?  I am worried that their may be more than just these three accounts that are affected.  Is there a way for you to easily fix the corrupted files/accounts?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupted Resources in Studio Accounts
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 01:56:41 PM »
Do you mean missing thumbnails? We did migrate last weekend into AWS and so I am thinking maybe some files were not copied over ...
But I can see only how its possible for thumbnails as we have a sync tool that copies all files...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:02:06 PM by admin »

teethstraight

• View Profile
Re: Corrupted Resources in Studio Accounts
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 11:12:31 AM »
Not sure what you mean about thumbnails. 

After further testing on my end this is what I can tell you about the issue:

In the affected Studio Accounts, the resources will cache, load and play fine within their studio account.  But when I try to cache the same resources to a player, the affected files will not cache, load or play at all.  This issue is also present when using the preview option in Studio.

Here is a link to one of the affected accounts and here is a link to the new account I had to recreate to work around the issue.  You can see that clips and image resources are missing from the first link.

So far I have confirmed 4 accounts have been affected by this issue.  I have recreated 3 and deleted 2 of the 4 accounts.  If you want to have a look at the 2 remaining affected accounts.  They are "Cadenza" and "Laurilla".  Main Studio Account is Rich@digitalsignid.com

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines