December 06, 2019, 08:08:59 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Local time of the machine in station view.  (Read 2846 times)

Mock

• View Profile
Local time of the machine in station view.
« on: September 28, 2013, 09:44:21 AM »
I do a lot of temporary sign setups for conventions and I am always having to fight with the local time of the machine.. It would be very handy to have a column that pulls the info from the local clock of the machine.  This would make life a lot easier for troubleshooting signs not showing what they should be. Thanks!!!

mediaboy

• View Profile
Re: Local time of the machine in station view.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »
I can see how this feature would help diagnosing issues remotely. +1 my vote if this is simple to add.

Being able to psuedo update a stations time would be a nice feature (i.e. Station time -2hrs) – mainly when testing sequenced content. At present we either have to update the station's internal clock, change the sequencer order (time consuming if complex orders) or be patient.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »
If you have a good internet connection, then you should have your machines synced with a Time Server so that they are all reading the same time.

Mock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 10:57:56 AM »
Yes but there is still a significant grace period until it will sync. Which is the way windows should do it.  Just saying I think having a column for the local wold be extremely handy. Sometimes my players will get shipped around the country for different shows and I don't even get to touch them. This would make troubleshooting much easier.

mediaboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 12:47:30 AM »
Moving players around the country is a common occurrence with our business model, too – and likewise we rarely physically touch them from day-to-day. Yes the devices use a time server to get the current time (for clarity, my point of reference is the MediaDroids.) however 'local time' is especially problematic when moving players across UK and Europe where there are multiple timezones. Players appear 'out of sync' as they have been set up as UK/GMT but have been moved to France, Germany etc. Not knowing what time the players think they are on can be an issue when trying to remotely diagnose, of sure.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines