March 22, 2019, 09:50:26 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Question For Users: How are you handling ANR Dialogues?  (Read 1676 times)

Xizor

• View Profile
Question For Users: How are you handling ANR Dialogues?
« on: September 10, 2013, 11:59:55 AM »
It has been well discussed how to restart SignagePlayer automatically when it crashes, but how are you handling what I would call the 'Half Crash'? Your presentation is running but there is a system dialogue box hovering over Signage Player telling you 'SignagePlayer is not responding. Would you like to close it: Wait or OK?'

The app hasn't fully crashed so a third-party app doesn't know to restart it, the player appears with a green light and a status of 'Playing' in Signage Studio.

What are others here in this forum doing to handle such occasions?

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Question For Users: How are you handling ANR Dialogues?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »
Have the customer where you screen is located contact you should they see any system messages. If you train them to be somewhat involved you will then keep a good lasting relationship with them even when the system has its faults. If it doesn't, then all the better but a good excuse to call every so often to see how thing are going. If you set it and forget it, there is a huge chance they will forget you.

Also, have your system reboot every night so that it is fresh each day and your message will only last a day unless it is a big error.

Maximus

• View Profile
Re: Question For Users: How are you handling ANR Dialogues?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 05:44:13 AM »
I'm often having the same problem of Xizor using Android players: a dialog box saying 'SignagePlayer is not responding. Would you like to close it: Wait or OK?', even if everything behind this box is working properly...

I suspect this is due to some interference with cordless mouse, because if i unplug the usb dongle of the mouse, this dialogue box do not appear (till now... if somebody else can confirm, it would be helpful)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines