January 23, 2022, 11:29:23 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: No interaction since this morning with kiosk mode and SS 4.12.23  (Read 2793 times)

StefanoC

• View Profile
No interaction since this morning with kiosk mode and SS 4.12.23
« on: September 29, 2013, 05:32:44 AM »
 >:(
Hello!

Tonight I have installed SignageStudio 4.12.23.

After that, no chance to create working kiosk campaigns: mouse interactions are active only inside SignageStudio, but not when uploaded into players!
Nor with Web Player!
Mouse interaction with collections does not work at all, mouse is displayed, but no reaction to mouse clicks!

What's happening? I'm building my campaigns as usual, they are very simple clones of existing (and perfectly working) ones.
I tried to clear cache, reboot stations etc, without success!

Please help, I need to deploy new campaign before tomorrow morning, and I am in a mess!

TKS,
Stefano

StefanoC

• View Profile
Re: No interaction since this morning with kiosk mode and SS 4.12.23
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 06:28:33 AM »
 >:(
Further information:
- all SignagePlayer with version SP 4.12.20 don't work as kiosk
- I have updated one player with SP 4.12.23 and it works correctly

... but I cannot verify each player!  Is it possible to come back to SigngeStudio 4.12.20?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 08:16:51 AM »
please contact Live chat so we can figure this out asap...

StefanoC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 12:23:24 PM »
 :( :(

Thanks Admin,
I did it but unfortunately  they cannot solve the problem.

Let me summarize the lesson I learnt (it is not to criticize you guys at DigitalSignage, is just for giving suggestions to other Newbies)

1) Never suppose that a new Signage Studio or Signage Player software release is down compatible with previous versions . This was my first big mistake! (but how could I imagine that you publish a new release without testing before the effect on existing kiosk campaigns running on not updated Players ??)

2) Always save a copy of your last installation!!! The guys at the live chat do not have all the various releases, but only some of them. This was my second mistake: it is not so easy to go back!!!

3) Keep the players updated. To be clear: I would  have not had problems, with my Players updated...  Well, easy to say, more difficult to do, maybe because:
a) you have disactivated the automatic update of Adobe AIR (like me...): unfortunately ver.4.12.23 of the Player requires an updated version of Adobe AIR, and the automatic procedure aborts if you have an old one installed...
b) you have left some Players in Test mode, and Signage Controller stopped to work: which hell of version number is running on my Player?

4) Install a remote desktop manager software... do it ALWAYS!! Is the only way to avoid to jump into the car driving for miles 'til your Player... but what happens if the Player is in Real mode (no task bar...) and you have to: - reboot the Player from Signage Studio with the test mode option reactivated to show the taskbar and the machine does not reboot?

So, it is not really an easy job to work with new and old sw versions....

Thanks,
Stefano

P.S: I've been noticed that a new version 4.12.25 came out today: is it possible to know which bugs have been solved? Maybe my ones with mouse and kiosk mode? Do you suggest me to install the new version, or I'll face the same problems?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 06:32:54 PM »
please contact Lawrence as he is a Manager via mstech@med.... and reference this post and he will investigate.

Regards,

Sean.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines