January 29, 2022, 01:25:35 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Timeline Scrubbing  (Read 5377 times)

tmitton99

• View Profile
Timeline Scrubbing
« on: July 01, 2013, 08:51:01 AM »
When will the timeline actually work like a regular video timeline that exists in every other software? The lack of the ability to move the timeline along manually and pause/restart play to preview content is not cool at all. I am currently only building short timelines but how do you guys ever preview anything that takes more than a minute to get to the content you want to preview?

justadsguy

• View Profile
Re: Timeline Scrubbing
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 11:01:31 AM »
The post is confusing -- you mention "regular timeline" but that is defined differently by different software programs. What is regular to one is not to another because there isn't a standard.

If you are looking to the feature to start/stop a timeline to preview it, it has been added in version 4.x. It's not perfect, but works better then it used to.

Unfortunately, there aren't controls to fast forward or manually move the preview, so if you have a 45 minute presentation, you will have to watch for 45 minutes.

The other programs that you refer to, what is the cost of those?
Personally, I often hear about this and that offering, and then you look at the pricing structure where it is charging $X per player

It's a value position. If certain features are more valuable, then maybe alternative choices in software are better for those applications.
I have asked the same questions regarding features.

If there are other similarly priced solutions that have more features, then please share -- it may be worth considering for myself as well as for you based on your frustrations.
But, what my research has shown is that other systems may have this and that, but not this and that. What's valuable to you?

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:15:24 PM »
I think I would have to agree with the OP on this one. Timeline scrubbing is a basic feature of all CMS platforms that I am aware of, regardless of price. If you are building a timeline of 45 minutes and you have perfected the first 30 min and need to perfect the last 15 it can take you hours what should only take minutes as you have to watch the first 30+ min for each adjustment.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 07:10:05 AM »
we will release the "Play from scrub location" first...

kevin-printplus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 07:06:37 AM »
any upgrades on making this feature happen? It is too bad you have to sit around for the first bits when you really only want to check on the end of your presentation.

IPNDDS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 11:33:58 AM »
Hey MS,

It's been well over a year on this request.  You say it's coming.  What is the status?

kevin-printplus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 01:16:02 PM »
Status?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 10:06:52 PM »
Timeline scrubbing is in our feature "to do list" but it is not in "near future" road map.

We have a busy release schedule for end of 2014 and 2015 with new native SignagePlayers, import / export timelines, remote kiosk operations, smart business integration and and lots more.

IPNDDS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 01:55:40 PM »
Hi,

What do you mean by Native Signage Players?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »
It's an exe for Windows (not AIR file) with built in SignageController (all within a single file)... native runtime. should be out next week.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 09:36:26 PM »
I hope there will be the option to close the signage controller in case we want to work on the desktop or the PC. Yes exe on windows sounds good

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines