January 27, 2022, 03:29:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Test of HTML Component  (Read 3444 times)

digitalzack

• View Profile
Test of HTML Component
« on: June 14, 2013, 04:15:15 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm currently testing an HTML 5 Page with the HTML Component and have some problems. I have this link: http  ://coketext.at/display_alt/ and if you open it in the chrome or ff you can see some animations, if you test this with HTML Component it doesn't work or it doesn't look smooth on my stations.

I sent the developers of the page the limitations of adobe air already so this isn't the issue. It could be the settings of the pc but I want some other opinions (on a dual core with 2,6 ghz and 3 gb ram it doesn't work with this animations in the html component but it work in the browser fine)

So it would be nice if someone could test this also ...

Thanks in advance

greets

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Test of HTML Component
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 05:18:24 AM »
I notice it is a little different between Chrome and Safari as well, but really bad in the player. One work around might be to use the external app and use Firefox. I know not ideal. Have a look at it in the video tutorials.

digitalzack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 01:43:13 AM »
yes already tested this and work fine - but i want to know why it won't work with the HTML Component.

According to this mail from the tech support it works:

"The reason this is lagging could be 2 things
1.)    because the HTML Component doesn’t cache the webpage, it is not designed to cache it.
2.)    You cpu might be not enough to handle the load, what cpu are you using? We ran the URL on a test station (i3 2gb RAM) and it played just fine no lags (in our eyes anyway).
3.)    As for the webkit version,  Adobe Air 3.X is using webkit version 6531.9
 "

point1 - ok... the webpage isn't designed to cache something. the idea behind the website is to send messages from a smartphone to the screens and the screen should display this messages - so the page always load new messages..

point2 - can't imagine because our station were much better that a i3... yours criley?

point3 - I only asked for the version ... maybe I'll find something here...

---

but in a nutshell - the html component doesn't work as he should.... he is useless ...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:33:16 AM by digitalzack »

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 06:40:06 PM »
I am running i7.

It is not the computer as each browser behaves differently. It would be how the browser processes the Javascript. I also wouldn't say the HTML component is useless as it has been used for some great accomplishments, although I understand how it may be useless to you for your particular situation. I only use the HTML component when I have no other choice.

digitalzack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 02:16:12 AM »
yes - useless is a hard word, but I thought the HTML component would be better integrated in the system and dont use so much power of a station as the combination of firefox and the player.

also I thought the HTML Component is able to show HTML 5 webpages - well... I think we can agree that the HTML Component can only show webpages with no extra animations or other complex stuff...

it's a pity, because I think the possibility to use Digital Signage in combination with Interactive Stuff is something very important - for example, interactive playing on screens with the smartphone or ads which are playing different content on hot days (for example sunblocker) and on rainy days something else and not just showing an image of the product if it's hot... it has to be something with an eye catching effect...

...but for all this it needs a working internet connection and a good working HTML Component or a good, less resource needing and more flexible combination of the browser via external app.

The external app for example isn't able to use start parameter for the chrome (for chrome in fullscreen you have to use: ".../chrome.exe --kiosk" - this is a small thing because firefox is ok, but it is a limitation...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:42:15 AM by digitalzack »

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines