July 20, 2019, 04:04:17 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: WiFi Connection Issues with MediaDroid 50h  (Read 2180 times)

KTownDaren

• View Profile
WiFi Connection Issues with MediaDroid 50h
« on: June 14, 2013, 02:44:37 PM »
I have 6 MediaDroid 50h players in the wild with Android version 4.1.1 installed. I keep losing the WiFi connection on these devices. They are all installed at different locations, so the local WiFi signals are not the problem.

When I visit the locations where the players are installed, the media player WiFi shows as "disabled". When I power-cycle the players, the WiFi is restored, but it will go out again several days later.

Any advice?

AndrewL

• View Profile
Re: WiFi Connection Issues with MediaDroid 50h
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 04:22:06 AM »
if rebooting resolves the issues, consider the following:

1. if player is USB powered by the TV put the TV on a turn off and on schedule.. we use LGs because they have this ability in the menu

2. buy a power bar timer like what you would use for Christmas lights or something and program it to kill power and turn back on after a min. Walmart sells them for maybe $20ish.

KTownDaren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 08:42:54 AM »
2. buy a power bar timer like what you would use for Christmas lights or something and program it to kill power and turn back on after a min. Walmart sells them for maybe $20ish.

I hadn't thought of this. Might be a good fix for those I've already bought. Thanks.

I hope there is a better fix for devices I hope to buy in the near future...

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »
Are you controlling the WIFI routers? If so, make sure that the lease time is not set. You can set  the lease time for specific devices connected if the router is not yours and the owner could potentially grant this should they know what they are doing.

KTownDaren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 07:36:54 AM »

This is what I ended up finding. Solves the problem, not gracefully, but at least transparently to my customer. Thanks for the recommendation.

Westek TE06WHB 2 Outlet Digital Timer with 2 Grounded Outlet ($12.45 on Amazon)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines