November 19, 2019, 03:46:14 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: scheduler  (Read 5505 times)

Barry

• View Profile
scheduler
« on: August 12, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »
if I want both timelines to play in a given period say 24 hours for timeline one, and the second timeline to play onlong beside it, say from 9:00 Am to 11:00 am. So that the main timeline is playing always but the second plays with it for just the two hours, would I give them both the same priority? Also it would be helpfull if this was all available from the sequencer window.

cheers!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: scheduler
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:50:29 PM »
Only one timelime can play at a time.
Which ever has the higher priority will win.
If both timelines overlap and have the same priority, you will have a conflict and no guarantee which one will play.

Regards,

David - MediaSignage.com

Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 09:21:40 AM »
OK, so how can I possibly set it up so if I have a single ad needed in a timeline I don't have to reconstruct that entire timeline for just those two hours? This seems very cumbersome, and would make day parting a real chore. Example: A restaurant has a timeline playing all the time but in the morning for two hours wants to just drop in their breakfast special for two hours, and at night their drink special etc. I hope I don't have to reconstruct that entire timeline for just those purposes as this would be as MAJOR flaw. The ability to day part is essential. Please tell me how this can be done easily>

Thanks!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 10:59:16 AM »
Sure, that is supported, in fact that's the purpose of the sceduler.
So, make a Genreal timeline and set it to run all week with a priority of low.
and in the "special" morning for two hours you can set the "special" timeline to overlap and set with priority of high which will override the first timeline. What I was trying to say is that, only one time will EVER play but you can use the Scheduler to intelligently select which one wins using priority.

Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com

Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »
Well I did that, and now only the time line with the priority will play during that time. What I need is for the regular timeline to play and that only that "one" special ad will insert itself into the timeline for a couple of hours acording to the schedule. The effect would be that the regular playlist would look the same except for that one ad. The only way to do that now for me to recreate the main timeline, insert the new spot and set it's schedule so it appears that the ad has been inserted into the original timeline.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 11:47:40 PM »
Please email me your login email so I can check it out.
Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com

slhaynes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 06:26:22 AM »
i believe i have a similar issue,

i have 3 timelines
tl1 tl2 play in sequence and loop, i wanted to get tl3 to play every 3-4 hours during business hours, then have it revert back to the tl1/tl2 sequence...after watching the tutorial a couple times i think i am having a brain fart as i cannot get the timelines to run the way i want.

how do i get this to be on a 24/7 schedule with tl3 running at certain hours of the day. 
Do i need to combine tl1 and tl2 to be on one log timeline? can that even be done?

let me know if i confused you at all if needed i can give you my log-in email.  thanks!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 07:06:03 AM »
Use the Scheduler not the sequencer, set each timeline to repeat weekly for the desired dates and times.

slhaynes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 07:24:28 AM »
i will attempt to set this up as per your suggestion.

so the tl1 and tl2 will be on top of each other in the scheduler set for the same time and length and tl3 will be put in there on the hours i want that particular time line to play.

what priority do i set tl1 and tl2 to??  so that when tl1 is finished it will play tl2 and when tl2 is finished it will revert back to tl1.

my ultimate goal is to have tl3 play at 0700, 1100, and 1500 that is easy enough to set up and i believe i have it set like that already. it is just tl1 and tl2 that has turned me into a retard....

do i keep the timelines at the same length that they are already at? they are currently set to 5mins each.

update...what do i set the durations to for tl1 and tl2?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:27:01 AM by slhaynes »

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines