January 19, 2022, 02:10:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Custom RSS  (Read 3016 times)

MiloHlav

• View Profile
Custom RSS
« on: May 13, 2013, 07:02:16 AM »
Hello,

Was talking to Ron today on live chat and he told me that using custom RSS feed is not possible with the player.
Sounds strange to me as custom RSS player component should read RSS feed from any URL right ?

So here is the deal we making online menu for the restaurant and we just want to use the text for actual date from this RSS feed.
lunchtime(dot)cz(slash)rss(slash)restaurant5245(dot)rss

In there is the menu for actual week for that restaurant.
When I tried to load it in custom RSS player component it didnt read any data from that RSS. I did choose custom URL and custom in categories list. However it doesnt show anything.

Any1 gets some idea how to use that RSS to obtain easily text for todays menu and place it in signage studio?
Maybe if RSS player cannot read it is there option to read it through XML component somehow ?

Thanks for any imput on this as this feature is really needed for our restaurant clients.

Note that RSS feed I cannot modify as its generated by lunchtime.

Thanks in advance

MiloHlav

• View Profile
Re: Custom RSS
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 07:03:26 AM »
was unable to insert url for that RSS feed so please exchange (dot) and (slash) accordingly. Thanks

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Custom RSS
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 08:33:49 AM »
I see the RSS perfectly fine in the browser. The feed does not seem to be a typical RSS/XML feed. I am not sure if you will be able to do this with the conventional methods. Maybe someone with experience with this type of feed could help.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:33:57 AM by criley »

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines