October 21, 2020, 12:19:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Change Boot Screen on Mediadroid and reverse Orientation  (Read 4221 times)

paulie

• View Profile
Change Boot Screen on Mediadroid and reverse Orientation
« on: May 17, 2013, 10:29:01 AM »
Does anyone know how to successfully change the boot screen on the Mediadroid.
I get to Penguins on the first screen then a out of date looking 'Signage Player'.
It would be good if DS could give us instructions on how to change.

We also would like to reverse the way the orientation screen changes on the vertical Mediadroid.
It's in vertical/portrait mode but the orientation is to the left not the right.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Change Boot Screen on Mediadroid and reverse Orientation
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 10:50:07 AM »
it's burned into the ROM so not something that can be changed...

Peter Huss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 04:19:01 AM »
Admin, would you agree that this might not be an optimum solution..?
 ???

paulie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 09:35:20 AM »
It would be ideal if we could change to our company logo on boot.
We have managed to change on other Android Devices, but the DS units are tricky.

@Admin, when you say 'not something that can be changed ' do you mean for a novice or is there some type of warranty implications?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 04:14:30 PM »
Is is burned in, in the factory and part of the ROM so I don't think you would be able to ...

mediaboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 07:04:13 AM »
I'd have to agree that the out of date looking 'Signage Player' text that comes up when booting jars with me, too – on a couple of levels.

1. Given the fact that Enterprise customers have a white label solution and the ability to create their own Digital Signage brand (some folk I'd imagine would do a pretty fantastic job creating a brand, stations, content etc.) – this Signage Player text could look a little novice compared to the custom branding that can be displayed when the player is updating.

2. Most importantly – as an Enterprise user and reseller, knowing how easy it is for any potential customer of ours to Google 'signage player' and see the DigitalSignage website at #1 somewhat exposes the underlying technology we're using, and inevitably our margins etc. The very software that we're paying for to help us build a business is somewhat taking away with the same hand.

Let's illustrate a real life scenario: we're doing a technical demo/pitch to a potential client – 10+ people in the room watching excitedly as the player boots up "it's that simple to use" we say. Then all of a sudden "Signage Player" flashes up. Aforementioned 10+ people are heard scribbling or tapping away on their smartphones (most people are tech savvy these days – so they'll Google "Signage Player" after the meeting). Note: Our custom branding only ever appears when we push an update – so our custom branding doesn't necessarily appear at any stage of this pitch. Bottom line: it comes across in the pitch that we're using an off the shelf solution that's we've not even put much effort into customizing. Hardly the best sales pitch for us.

Removing this Signage Player text with a generic 'loading' graphic or our custom branding would get my +1.

Just my opinion, but one I feel may resonate with others.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines