December 04, 2021, 08:11:12 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: SignageStudio feature request: background uploads  (Read 2669 times)

mediaboy

• View Profile
SignageStudio feature request: background uploads
« on: May 14, 2013, 05:41:38 AM »
Sounds like a minor detail, but when syncronising (uploading) files to the cloud, SignageStudio editing is disabled until the upload completes. Some sort of background upload feature would allow a user to continue working on a timeline (or alternative campaigns) whilst the background upload completes. A short video upload may lock out editing for 10-15 minutes – and I can only drink so many cups of coffee in a day :)

Alternatively, FTP access or a standalone web-uploader would be cool. I'm assuming that media items are catalogued in the database when uplaoded, so FTP may pose some technical issues.

p.s. +1 my vote for a more intuitive way of organising of media items (and retaining the current filter/folder whilst navigating between timelines/screen types etc.)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SignageStudio feature request: background uploads
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »
Work around is to use web studio to upload and desktop studio to edit,   so you can keep editing while the files are uploading via  the web studio.

mediaboy

• View Profile
Re: SignageStudio feature request: background uploads
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:37:36 AM »
Yup – good thinking! Thanks for that.

I'm on  Mac OS, so editing in Web Studio and uploading via Desktop is my only option (web based uploads aren't supported on Mac OS Web Studio).

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines