November 29, 2020, 02:10:15 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Mediadroid 100  (Read 4622 times)

Bergerad

• View Profile
Mediadroid 100
« on: April 26, 2013, 08:12:32 PM »
I find the droid 100 player to be very weak. I'd recommend it for a simple slide show with jpg images but I'm using flash, HD video etc.... I spend more time looking at dark channels then my actual content.  Really wish I would have purchased the M300.  But now I'm even having concerns about the M300. I don't want any limitions on what graphic content I plan to display.  I'd hate to now pay 800 to find out that I need to spend another 1200 for a custom solution.  Any people out there using the 300?  Is it flawless?  Also, anybody making custom players with more beef?  I'd rather pay more now than double later. Thanks!

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
Re: Mediadroid 100
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 03:41:52 AM »
HD Videos should not be problem for this device, My dual Core 1.2GHz Mali400 can play HD videos.
There must be problem with the content or the way it is codded.

Bergerad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 06:35:53 AM »
Well maybe I should have purchased the Mali-400.  Does this mean you have not tried using the droid100?
I just don't get it. Things run so smoothly on my desktop player. I have a simple laptop 2.4 GHZ w/8GB memory. My campaign transitions look fine. I'm simply running 4ea 20 sec timelines with a few varying channels between the timelines. My codes should be fine too.  I'm using flypaper and banner snack content, both third party providers recommended by media signage and Sean. But problems arise wants I push things to the droid player. Starts good but transitions are terrible. None of the channels start simultaneously. I may have a 1.8 second delay in viewer 1 and so on.  Then things completely stop on timeline 4.  Have to unplug etc.... I could not imagine installing this in a customers location.  This can't be content related.  I just want this to work Admin. I've been an enterprise member to simply help the cause but had to pull plug yesterday until I'm confident media player will play smoothly.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 11:30:31 AM »
Hi Bergerad,
I have no doubt the mediaBOX-300 will do all that you need as the droids are not optimized for 3rd party content created swf generated by Banner Snack or Flypaper.
I will will extend your 100% return on the mediaBOX-300 to 60 days so feel free to order one and play with it for 2 months and can always send it back, although I think you will love it.

Regards,

Sean.

Bergerad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »
OK that's a nice offer Sean and I will take u up on it.  But Th (newbie member) made a couple of key points under my media 300 search. I've copied his post here"

Th:
But I'm quite puzzled as I did the test on the Mediabox 300 and my own laptop (it's a i7 though) and exactly the same resolution, content clips.
It displays very nicely on my laptop (no video tears and nice rounded edges) but on the Mediabox 300 it just disappoints.
Admin - any reasoning why?
I did the following;
1. Used SUPER, Freemaker VideoMaker, Adode Media Encoder C5
2. FLV - H264, 1 and 2 passes, highest quality, high bitrates and also the 3600kbs
3. SD - 720x576i and HD 1280x720p materials
Everytime, the videos look really nice from my laptop running the player.
but everytime, the video still tears and is jagged when played back on the Mediabox 300.
Admin - any reason why? I can only think of the processor and graphics card my laptop has over the mediabox - core i7 vs i5, intel media graphics accelerator (onboard)vs hd3000 (your new on board).
Is there a graphics driver I need to update?
Please help!

My response Bergerad:  This seems to be a key point.  How can my i7 laptop that I purchased for $800 run the signage player so smoothly while also handling a butt load of other programs and people using the m200 and m300 that is a designated player have issues?  I'm reading post of people pointing fans for cooling and jagged edges etc...... I don't have time for that.  I'd rather pay $1000 plus for security and longevity. Like maybe a media 600 series.  Just trying to make my point.  But if u really think this m300 is good, I'll try it for 60 days.  But I'm running after effects templates, HD, Flash and all kinds of content.  I want to grow with my creative content not stop.  Thanks! Also, a video link where I could see the m300 in action would be nice too.  Cheers!  Good job on your video tutorials, very good work.

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 04:22:54 PM »
I am shocked to hear people having problem with Mediabox-300. 
It is i5 Quad Core CPU & people still breaking it.

Max I have ever used for player is i3 Dual Core and plays like dream.

Secret is to have content right for the device you are playing it on.
If your player is loaded with loads of other software then it will not play correctly. Best to have fresh OS installed with minimal required software (Air & Signage Player)

I use After Effects for most of my work & render final to MOV H264 & then convert it to FLV-H264 with freemake.

I have never had these problems and I have been using media signage for nearly 4 years.

MediaBOX-300 is the ultimate machine and if you still have problems then there is fault with the way you are coding your content.

I have now started using the  i3-3225 which comes with HD-4000 graphics chip and boy it plays so smooth Full HD without a glitch.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines