July 21, 2019, 09:03:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Sharing Common Channel with Multiple Campaigns  (Read 4080 times)

Saner Media

• View Profile
Sharing Common Channel with Multiple Campaigns
« on: May 04, 2013, 06:14:35 AM »
It would be nice to have a Common Channel that runs video but can also be shared across multiple campaigns. I mean separate campaigns & not times lines in a campaign. This would obviously be done as a Component, but would like it to act like the channels do in a Campaign. Proof of Play would also be needed for that common channel as well.

Saner Media

• View Profile
Re: Sharing Common Channel with Multiple Campaigns
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:35:46 PM »
Does anyone have a solution for me?

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 09:13:32 PM »
Can you give a little more information as to what the purpose would be? Maybe paint a picture as to what you are trying to accomplish.

Saner Media

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 04:14:20 AM »
If I have a list of advertising videos I want to run in a certain order on separate campaigns, it would be nice & a lot easier to have a common channel that can be shared. If I have 40 videos in a channel, with it running it in 20 different campaigns, that's a lot of managing. By only having to change one channel instead of all 20, would be a real time saver.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 03:24:38 PM »
I would build a SWF that will play your videos from a XML list. This way you can upload the one component as many times on a timeline and just change the videos and/or XML on your server.

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 07:07:04 AM »
Channel shared with other campaigns would be very useful feature.

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 11:04:20 AM »
Maybe I am missing something. Would Multi-Output not accomplish the same thing?

Treat each Campaign as a different customer/department that would not normally have the same content.
Each output created created for a campaign would be considered for a client that has multiple offices/departments that might share some or all of the same content.

Now if you have the Enterprise version, you could create an account and have MS make it a template for you so you can just create as many accounts with the foundation already done for you. Pretty easy.

If you need a separate campaign that has some common timelines, then just duplicate the campaign and make any necessary changes to save you time. I am sure that there may be a good reason to have those nice features, but for now to accomplish what you need, these ideas should work unless I am missing something.

Saner Media

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 08:49:21 AM »
Each separate campaign consists of 6 separate zones, each individualized to each location. The only thing that is common is the advertising zone. Some locations also have schedules in the timeline as well, so to make all screens in one timeline is even more work can get complicated & confusing. A common channel shared as a component between all campaigns would make it simple & solve everything.

But TY for the suggestion! I like when people think out of the box!

Saner Media

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 09:54:57 PM »
Please contact me if you need details on exactly what I am talking about. I know this would be a WIDELY used feature!!!

dariussquared

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 12:54:09 PM »
i have multiple departments running their own campaigns.  each department has content administrators.  each content administrator only has access to their campaigns. 

each department has their own specific content as well as content that is shared between all departments.

If i use the multi-output workaround i have to let all content administrators have accesss to the same campaign, and just hope that they don't accidentally mess up another departments content.

having channels accessible to other campaigns would solve this.  Having entire timelines accessible to other campaigns would be great too--combine access keys to timelines would be even better.

KRob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »
I have requested this multiple times as well.  I utilize multi-channel output as well.. but to share timelines or channels with multiple campaigns would make my life a LOT easier!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 09:38:41 AM »
Sharing channels among diff campaigns is not something we have in our road map...

dariussquared

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 07:28:40 AM »
that's very unfortunate. :-\

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines