August 15, 2020, 09:53:25 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Lock Aspect Ratio in Collection  (Read 2591 times)

michael.lafrance

• View Profile
Lock Aspect Ratio in Collection
« on: April 25, 2013, 05:50:08 PM »
I like to use the Collection component for photo slideshows. The problem comes from the fact that some pictures are taken in a portrait layout and some are a landscape layout. The screen division the Collection component is in is square and the pictures end up getting stretched to fill the screen division.

When not using the Collection component, I can insert a picture into that screen division directly and lock the aspect ratio allowing it to display without being stretched.

It would be awesome if there was a lock aspect ratio checkbox that could be used with the individual items in the Collection component.

cloud

• View Profile
Re: Lock Aspect Ratio in Collection
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 07:47:29 PM »
And add the ability to have a checkbox to randomize the items in collections when you start playing, because when you have multiple items from the same collection along with other components on the timeline, always start from the same item is bad.

;D

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 09:37:25 PM »
@Michele: You could create scenes for the potrait images and then add that scene into collection component so that it remains locked

michael.lafrance

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 04:40:08 PM »
I like the scene suggestion but I can't see how I could pull this off easily. I do signage in a school and after some events I will be given a random selection of photos (some portrait and others landscape layout) to display on the stations. Not having a lot of time I like to just drop them into a Collection. It seems with the scenes I would have to had all of one layout play then the other. Am I wrong in that assumption?

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 09:51:48 PM »
You can create horizontal scenes and vertical scenes and dump it in the collection item. whenever you get new resources you can replace the old resource (If you want the old resource to be deleted) in the scene with the new one. You do not have any other option because if you put the image directly it will resize as per the channel size.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines