October 21, 2020, 12:56:10 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Signage Unstable, Multiple AIRPlayer instances after update  (Read 4003 times)

njohnstone

• View Profile
Signage Unstable, Multiple AIRPlayer instances after update
« on: August 13, 2009, 01:28:22 AM »
Hi there, I hope you can help with a series of issues I have observed with the new version of media signage.

The first one has been seen before, after a series of very simple gif images being cycled, the airplayer will radidly flash through all the images of the presentation.  Equally, the transition between each image can be very choppy.  The images are only about 140k each so should not be causing any issues with graphics.

The second issue I observed is to do with updating the station.  If I update the remotely, the player will restart, i think using the watchdog function, but several intants of the player will begin.  this means the windows task bar becomes visible during the presentation.  If i remove the watchdog software then the player does not restart at all.

the last issue, so far(!), is the scheduling tool.  as far as I can test, the tool seems to work well; however, sometimes the signage does not update and will not update regardless of what you try.  the only way i have got it to work is to change the campaign to sequence, updated, then changed back to schedule, then updated again.

The first two are the major issues as I cannot install the system as it looks bad and doesn't update correctly or remotely.

more than happy to provide username, if required.

many thanks

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Signage Unstable, Multiple AIRPlayer instances after update
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 07:26:36 AM »
Hello,
Thanks for the feedback.

The issue of the fast flipping images is a known issue and we hope to submit a fix for this bug in the next major release 1.6 which is due around the beginning of September. For now you can use the sequencer.

I am pretty sure that both other issue are due to the Watchdog and the good news is that in release 1.6 we converted the Watchdog to a C++ utility which solves ALL issues with  the watchdog.

If you wish to download the new Watchdog version you can do it now (AIRPlayer).
Here:

http://master.mediasignage.com/privateBuild/AirPlayer.air

Be sure to run the SignageController.bat which gets installed in your Startup Folder (XP).
Please let me know if this solves all your problems (expect flipping images, which was not fixed yet).

Regards,

Sean - MediaSignage.com

njohnstone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 03:54:26 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I have applied the fix from your download link and have noticed an improvement but not a complete fix.  If I use the Save Changes with Restart option, the taskbar is still visible but if i apply updates from the station page it appears to work as designed.

I am going to test the system for a few days and report back again.

Thanks!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 09:34:36 AM »
To hide the taskbar you can also use the free utility here:
http://www.mediasignage.com/files/TaskBarHider.zip

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines