December 01, 2021, 03:09:17 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Will it work with Atom?  (Read 5020 times)

paulie

• View Profile
Will it work with Atom?
« on: April 11, 2013, 10:50:47 AM »
We have 24 screens to roll out in the next few weeks in 8 different locations.
I've read in the forums on the 'No Nos' for using a Atom processor based pc but it seems that problems only seem to occur when using above and the beyond the basic standard.
We however will (for this client) only be showcasing images using the catalogue component and 4-5 flash videos, each no longer then 30-40 seconds. This will be in 3 time lines (5mins each) totalling 15minutes and placed in a sequence to continually loop on each screen, with screen sizes of 21 inch's.

Could we get away with running on a small form factor pc with an Intel Atom Dual-core 1.8 GHz processor and an Intel GMA Graphics?
We already have the mediadroids but the inability with remote access and power saving scheduling could be a issue with these particular locations.

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
Re: Will it work with Atom?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 01:34:37 PM »
Intel Atom works well with basic presentation.
As long as you don't have multiple complex components on single screen at one given time, it should be fine.

Just experiment with one and see how smooth it is and then build up until you start seeing problems.

I have used Atom D525 1.8Ghz Dual Core and also Atom N2700 2.3Ghz Dual Core with 4 Threads is very fast machine.

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »
In Atom processor couple of things that you might get into:
1.If you are using windows7, when the player starts it will end up showing only the splash screen and after it starts you might see two players running together, in these cases remove the signage player in the startup, only signage controller be there.

GRAFIXMEDIA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 12:23:58 AM »
I have 6 of these Atom players running never had that problem, all of them are windows 7.

Anoop you are having similar problems with Android devices as well so it might be something to do with the way they are setup 

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 07:02:17 AM »
I have not run the same on Android as this has TV capture and resolution is different.
But when i run the same on Core2Duo processor it works fine. I do have close to 6 zones with RSS feeds etc :) Asking the Atom to run a marathon

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines